Need more simple meal ideas-- Low in Fat!!

Options
I'm eating the same boring foods...need help with food ideas which are low in fat. Friends--friends please.. Send me an invite ;)

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Why do they have to be low in fat?
  • cagbunag
    cagbunag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cause I'm eating too much fat in diet and eating the same meals over and over. I'm 10% over my 25% daily fat intake. ;(
  • cagbunag
    Options
    3hvynarbu7pt.jpeg
  • Jillasmar
    Jillasmar Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love making a warm salad. Squash, cucumbers, lots of spinach, tomatoes, add some chicken or tofu if you'd like to! Chickpeas, snap peas, spices, scrambled egg if you like and saute in a pan with coconut oil. YUM
  • cagbunag
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Oooooh sounds yummy!! Thanks! please send me more...
  • Jillasmar
    Jillasmar Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    cagbunag wrote: »
    Oooooh sounds yummy!! Thanks! please send me more...

Welcome! Any vegetable roasted with spices and olive oil is delicious, I definitely recommend it. A little fat but not much. Chicken is lean and haddly has any fat or carbs. For breakfast it's hard to go without a lot of fat because so much of our breakfast foods have it like yogurt, milk and bacon. Try eggs with spinach and tomato and mushroom. To make it faster in the morning I prepare the night before. It seems like "bleh I don't want to do all that work I'm tired" but trust me it takes 5 minutes!! Oat meal with flax seeds and almonds are great healthy fats that your body needs and try to get oat meal that has some sort of protein!
  • cagbunag
    Options
    I've been eating too many egg with yolks daily so I will try egg white with spinach; and change up to the oatmeal-- great suggestions! I'm creature of habit and I need to get more creative in my meals.
  • stefankruithof
    stefankruithof Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hyj0zd0er9ke.jpg

I'm a big fan of mixing rice, nuts, and fruit with yogurt. It's a high protein, high fibre, and low fat meal.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I bbq everything. Prawns, chicken, beef brochette....

Egg whites are a staple for me, use diff veggies and cook in Pam.

Protein shakes with low fat milk.

Shiritaki noodles with homemade tomato sauce and mixed veg.

• GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have been sharing my recipes in the blog section. They are all low in fat and calories, but really delicious :) feel free to check them out! I plan on posting around 2 per week! And good luck with your goals :)
  • cagbunag
    Options
    Thanks all for meal ideas, I don't have a stove to bake only a hot plate and blender-- but you've given me several simple meal ideas. How do I see your blog GsKiki? Still trying to figure out this App.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Get a slow cooker

Go to www.skinnytaste.com

Check out the slow cooker recipes

Would recommend chicken cacciatore to start
  • cagbunag
    Options
    Fantastic idea!! I will go buy one today ;)
    Thanks for the website!
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been eating too many egg with yolks daily so I will try egg white with spinach; and change up to the oatmeal-- great suggestions! I'm creature of habit and I need to get more creative in my meals.

Hey girl. While I agree with cutting down on whole eggs some definitely don't cut them out completely. There's so many nutrients and so much protein packed into those yolks. Why not try to just split the difference? Half of your eggs be white and half be whole? And I 100% agree with a slow cooker lol I love mine. I'm always using it for rice (makes them so much softer than cooking on the stove) and my chili and cabbage soup recipes :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    3hvynarbu7pt.jpeg

(I apologize if this is a double post--I don't see my first post.)

46 g of fat per day is already pretty low; unless you're a very small person, I don't understand why you would want to go lower. You do understand that your body needs fat to function properly, (e.g., to use fat-soluble micronutrients).

FWIW, I think basing macro goals on percentages doesn't make a lot of sense, particular outside of maintenance. Your body needs pretty much the same number of grams of protein and fat whether you're eating 1300 calories to lose or 2300 calories to maintain (I'm guessing you're on the 2 lbs a week plan).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your protein goal is excessive and your fat goal is too low.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Quick stir fry: one package great value(Walmart) broccoli stir fry, 6 ounces Tyson chicken breast strips(frozen kind) one tbsp oil, one tbsp low sodium soy sauce and Mrs Dash original seasoning. Stir fry and it makes 2 servings.
  • cagbunag
    Options
    Cool! Thanks ;)
  • cagbunag
    Options
    Ok-- I will adjust my fat percent up ... Thanks everyone for your advice!! And the food ideas!! You're all awesome ;)

• MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    don't be afraid of fat. I've lost 40 pounds over the years and its hasn't been by cutting out fat! What the guy above said is right- your body needs fat. I worry more about non-plant carbs and limiting those. I never want to eat too much gross fat. But almonds, avocado, some whole milk. Not only not the end of the world but crucial to healthy living (and weight loss). :wink: