Not spending enough time with my daughter...

Options
Since my mother passed away last August, I have not spent the time with my 11 year old daughter that I know I should. A lot of the reason is the fact that I can't keep up with her. I was recently diagnosed with hypoglycemia (I know that's not an excuse) & I'm still trying to get used to all my energy swings. It's like a roller-coaster!

She is constantly asking me to do things with her but I always give her the same excuse...I don't feel like it.

Last night, she & her older sister were playing Just Dance. I had tried the day before but, after about 45 seconds, I was exhausted & couldn't breathe. I gave up & told her she was on her own with that game. She looked as if I had slapped her in the face...heartbroken.

So, while lying in bed last night, I came up with a plan. Instead of working out with my Wii Fit every morning, I'm going to work out with Just Dance 3 or 4 mornings per week! It will be great exercise, lots of fun, & it will put that smile back on my daughter's face :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Your daughter is lucky she has a mom who cares.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Aw that is nice. Why dont you two join a zumba class? I joined with my boyfriends mom and have so much fun.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Excellent way to adjust. I would also sit her down and explain your health issues with her. Believe me she isn't too young to understand what you are experiencing. My 9 & 10 year olds are very in tune with our family as a whole and it amazes me how concern they can be. You are a very good mother. Some moms wouldn't even been that concern. She should be proud.
  • VeronicaFay
    Options
    That's a great idea! That game will definitely wear you out. =)

You're a great mom! I should know ;)