hello!

Options
Hey everybody! I'm just checking in and really getting into this fitness pal stuff. Thought I'd put a little bit about myself out there for everyone to see. I'm new to the whole calorie counting lifestyle and glad my BFF introduced me to this app to make it super easy! I have recently started real exercise again, by that I mean I stopped counting walking from the couch to the refrigerator (18 steps!) as exercise. I've had a gym membership for 7 months but no accountability buddy to go with me or to keep me motivated so I went a grand total of 3 times in 7 months. Again, thanks to my BFF I have now gone to the gym 4 times in the past week! Go us!! Who agrees that it's easier to make yourself go workout if you have a buddy to workout with you? To me if I have someone with me to talk to it helps to take my mind off the fact that what I'm doing is hard, or tiring. I've also always been a very competitive person so I challenge myself to go above and beyond to try to work harder than the person I am with, another reason I'm glad that my BFF goes with me because she understands this and doesn't get offended when I try to out do her in a workout. We all have strengths and weaknesses, and she shines when it comes to anything with added weight. She's the Queen of resistance training and I'm a champ at cardio (don't anybody bust my bubble here! lol). I won't be running any marathons anytime soon, but my overall goals are to get back in shape, be healthier, have more energy, and set a good example for my son to follow so that he doesn't stray down the same path of laziness that I fell into as I got older. Also, while not necessarily a goal, if I lost 40-50 lbs. I wouldn't miss it a bit! So, now that I've been getting my exercise back on track I need to work harder on getting my diet in check! Being a single mom who works two jobs it's hard to find the time to cook or pack meals, I typically resign myself to grabbing a meal in the drive thru on my way from one job to the next, or on the way home. Any tips on quick fix healthy meals, or slightly healthier options from the drive thru are welcome here!

Replies

• coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Congrats on deciding to take control of your life and health! And wanting to lose 40-50 pounds is absolutely a goal. Just focus on it as 1 pound at a time, 1 day at a time though. If you stress yourself out over how much weight you still have left to lose it's easy to just throw in the towel and give up. For eating healthier on the go meal prep is key. And it's not as overwhelming as it might sound. Pick a day where you'll have 1-2 hours of time you can set aside. Remember you're changing for you and your son so instead of watching tv or scrolling facebook or anything else that is not a priority, use that time to meal prep for 1 week's worth of food. Invest in a slow cooker if you don't already have one. Make a batch of rice, a batch of soup, a batch of chili, etc. Grab a ladle and fill up however many tupperware containers you and your boy will need for that week of whatever you cooked in the cooker. Make a slew of sandwiches for the week and bag them up for each day they'll be needed. Get some protein bars and have those be snacks for you guys. Make a batch of smoothies for breakfast (or another meal if you prefer) and keep that pitcher chilling in the fridge. Each morning, fill your cup and you've got a good breakfast on the go. And leftovers are life savers lol

Hope you develop a system that works for you girl and have a Merry Christmas! I'll send you a friend request in case you ever need help or support :)
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    And stay away from fast food! Even the healthier looking options are loaded with hidden sodium and other crap that will kill your progress :)