Low Calorie Alcoholic Drinks

Options
bununu
bununu Posts: 12
Going out to the bar always kills me. I try to opt for 1-2 of the following in a night:

1. White wine, approximately 120 calories in a glass
2. White wine spritzer, cut white wine with club soda for a 60 calorie drink
3. Guinness! Surprisingly, the drink has 170 calories in a pint!

What do you guys do at the bar?

Replies

• Dcgfeller
    Dcgfeller Posts: 83
    Options
    Sure a glass of white wine "only" has 120 cals, but thats for like a 4oz glass, where you could have a 12 oz beer for similar calories.

To be honest, as long as you arent mixing your booz with something else high cal then drink what you like, but know that the higher the alcohol content the "less" you get to drink for a similar amount of calories.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a light beer or vodka and club soda.
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Go to the store, pick your favorite MiO, and carry it in your purse. When you go to the bar, order a vodka and water and squirt some MiO in there. It's AMAZING!! The only calories will be from the vodka. I think Grey Goose has about 60 cals per shot.

My favorite thing right now is half a bottle of cherry vodka, an entire bottle of Diet Cranberry Pomegranate juice, and a couple of squirts of Berry Pomegranate MiO. It tastes like candy! Obviously I make this at home in a pitcher, but you can mix all kinds of things together. A shot of regular vodka and some strawberry watermelon MiO is awesome!
  • cmull6
    cmull6 Posts: 1
    Options
    that is a great idea! and that drink sounds awesome! i am definitely going to try making some myself. thanks!
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink a diet and captain. I wish I liked beer since they've came out with so many light ones...but I can't get into it!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Favorite low-cal mixed drink: Gin and Diet Tonic

Favorite low-cal beer: Coors Light

Wine: I take the wine I have at the moment and put it on a little ice with Diet Sprite or Diet 7-Up.
    We call these spritzers here and boy do I love them!! Add some fruit for something colorful and healthy!

:love:
  • Sdurv
    Sdurv Posts: 1
    Options
    Light beer. There are some that a less than 100 calories.
  • sbarrett7171
    sbarrett7171 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    my wife likes vodka and diet Sprite with a squeeze of lime
  • Fluffy1962
    Fluffy1962 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Citron Vodka with Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade, yummy!!! Perfect for summer!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Go to the store, pick your favorite MiO, and carry it in your purse. When you go to the bar, order a vodka and water and squirt some MiO in there.

Anyone try this with Crystal Light? Mio still isn't in Canada :(

EDIT: woo hoo, the person 4 minutes before me answered this! Will have to try!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Stopped my Guiness and stout obsession when I started on this site. However, I drink Coke Zero and vodka or any diet soda and vodka now.