quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    When I use one, ENGN EVL - blue raspberry flavor
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered coffee beans

Since people use caffeine as a preworkout I tell myself that this choice of food is making me stronger :grin:

Genius!
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm feeling like.

Combo 1: Caffeine pill + Aleeve + Benadryl + Creatine
    Combo 2: What ever PWO was onsale / freebie + DMAA
    Combo 3: What ever PWO was onsale / freebie
    Combo 4: What ever PWO was onsale / freebie + Aleeve + Benadryl
    Combo 5: Milk Thistle + Synephrine HCL + DMAA + L-Theanine + Caffeine Citrate + Beta-alanine + Citrulline Malate + Creatine
  • BringerOfGainz
    BringerOfGainz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Caffeine + racetams
  • FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    133ke05buwe9.jpg
    Not pre workout but one heck of a descent tasting and semi strong energy drink.
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Small banana and full fat plain Greek yoghurt.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Mr Hyde. Take it Straight to the dome

This stuff is no joke. I was up all night the first time I took it for my after-work workout. :D
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't use a preworkout powder regularly, but when I do I use Peak Perform's Non Stimulant preworkout.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    First week trying Gold Standard because it was free with my whey purchase. Need to use 2 scoops to get anything from it. Also tried Novex Biotech Endothil. That had alot Niacin in it. Face was beet red for an hour but it was pretty good.
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Mr Hyde. Take it Straight to the dome

This stuff is no joke. I was up all night the first time I took it for my after-work workout. :D

right? All these people saying C4 have no clue
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just started preworkouts a few weeks ago so far I've tried 2 scoops of hydroxycut that can be used as a preworkout, it gives me a push but not anything crazy, and I've also tried ion preworkout... That is a whole different demon. Makes my heart race and I get flush but the push it gives me makes me feel like I'm in a whole different world
  • whisper34c
    whisper34c Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    beachbody energizere4f4cv1b7bd.jpg
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    I took a long, long, long lifting break from 2009-2014 and upon returning I discovered PWOs and that they have now become an essential supplement for some. I don't know, but I think they are pretty much unnecessary, and yes, I've tried them and for the upset stomach and head buzz I received, I didn't find as nearly as pleasant as cup of joe.

Count me among the skeptical for this product, but the years preceding 2009 I never once took a PWO and had great sessions and great gains just the same.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    erockem wrote: »

Combo 2: What ever PWO was onsale / freebie + DMAA
    Combo 3: What ever PWO was onsale / freebie
    Combo 4: What ever PWO was onsale / freebie + Aleeve + Benadryl
    Combo 5: Milk Thistle + Synephrine HCL + DMAA + L-Theanine + Caffeine Citrate + Beta-alanine + Citrulline Malate + Creatine

What country are you in? DMAA is illegal in the US.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I took a long, long, long lifting break from 2009-2014 and upon returning I discovered PWOs and that they have now become an essential supplement for some. I don't know, but I think they are pretty much unnecessary, and yes, I've tried them and for the upset stomach and head buzz I received, I didn't find as nearly as pleasant as cup of joe.

Count me among the skeptical for this product, but the years preceding 2009 I never once took a PWO and had great sessions and great gains just the same.

Probably not necessary. But fun.

• FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I like the MuscleTech Shatter. Stronger than C4, not as strong as ESP (which is just insane by the way).

ESP is some potent stuff lol! I crash from it though so I never even finished my tub of it. I like Hyde, D Stunner (which tastes like crap but makes me feel like I can lift the whole gym, lol) and Shatter.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Probably not necessary. But fun.

With my touchy stomach -- unh unh -- no fun :'(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    erockem wrote: »

Why would you take an NSAID before a workout? Exercise is done to "inflame" the tissue and using an NSAID would counter that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png