Big Breasted

Options
Has anyone else ever felt like you deserve an extra 10lbs to your weight because of your cup size. Even when I was super-duper skinny I have DDs. When talking about weights in relation to heights I always feel like I need to get 10lbs extra because of my breasts. Anyone else feel this way? Or am I the only nut.

Replies

• dopey81
    dopey81 Posts: 17
    Options
    I totally feel the same way so if you’re nuts so am I!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You're totally not a nut...but just like all other parts of our body it is still weight as much as it sucks... :(
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    I sometimes wonder what mine weigh...but they are a part of me so...I don't know. Sometimes I feel like we deserve a bit of extra leeway in our weight because of them. I found out my real measurements today. 32DD. Yep. I had no idea! lol. When I have kids (if they're girls) I am totally teaching them how to know what size they are!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yeah unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I wish mine would start getting a bit smaller... I tend to lose weight there last :(
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I have lost 50lbs and my cup size didn't budge!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Haha. I totally agree. I'm down to a full D after a breast reduction surgery last fall, and I actually lost about 6 pounds from the surgery.
    That being said, I don't believe everyone can be 110 pounds, so it just means you have to take your body-type into account and set your goals a little differently. :D
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have DD's as well, and I have lost 20 lbs so far with hardly any change in that area. I bet they weigh a good couple of pounds each, so it would be nice to eliminate 10lbs from our weight!! Lol!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, but I won't complain cause I don't want mine to shrink! LOL
  • angiemb87
    angiemb87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Honestly I'm a big girl with lots more to lose ( I'm already down 12 somehow! yay random bits of walking everyday) But I've been a 46 DDD for years! Even in college when I wasn't nearly as heavy as I am now, I lost about 45 pounds and when I started freshmen year I was a 38 C, somehow in the same time I went up to a DDD but lost weight? What the deuce? I feel like they weight 20 pounds each some days, and It's so hard to do all that stuff that has me bouncing and flopping around, and getting hit in the eye with my own bosom! Thank goodness someone finally said it!
  • dnytna
    dnytna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lol! I always have this debate with my best friend. We both have had breast augmentation. She always wants to subtract the added weight for hers and I say you can't do that. The added weight is a part of you no matter what. Just because we know our head weighs 8 pounds does not mean we can subtract that weight too. It is a part of our body and we have to count all of our body parts. Just because my feet happen to be bigger than hers doesn't mean I get an extra 2 pound deduction, it just doesn't work like that as much as I wish it did, because believe me, I could use all the deductions I can get! lol (Let's see minus 5 pounds for being smart because I have an MBA, minus 10 pounds for being a DD cup size, minus 2 pounds for big feet, minus 30 pounds for being tall, minus 10 pounds for a long torso - I am now at my ideal weight!! What the hell am I killing myself at the gym 5 days a week for!? lol!) Please know I am totally kidding, this is not meant to criticize at all, just adding a little humor in your day! :)
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You are not a nut. I think all of us larger breasted women think about how much extra weight we carry there. There was a thread back a few months ago where people were trying to weigh them. Of course I have thought about how much extra weight I have there. I have moved from a 40I to 38J and I'm almost down to a 36K/L. Try finding one of those. I have to wear 4 bras to jog or zumba. All of the extra movement I still have rubs me raw when I run. I guess that I am seriously going to have to think about a reduction if I don't start losing some soon.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I have DD's and i never lose weight in this area. I have lost 3 stone before and no weight from there. Is a pain when you can not get a top over your chest and have to buy a bigger size that is baggy on your stomach. Oh well.
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I have DD's and i never lose weight in this area. I have lost 3 stone before and no weight from there. Is a pain when you can not get a top over your chest and have to buy a bigger size that is baggy on your stomach. Oh well.

Ugh! I have this problem constantly. I'm a classic hour glass figure so my waist is quite small in comparison to my DD chest and hips. I've been finding that I like the way empire waist tops (especially the baby doll style with the ties under the bust that tie in the back) look the best because it makes it OBVIOUS that my torso is much smaller under my breasts.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I add an extra 20lbs onto my goal weight for Cocoa and Puff. I always felt like I weighed more than I expected and I accidentally put the girls on a scale and saw what they weighed. After that it all made sense.

Y'all don't have to agree with my reasoning, but it's how I do it.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It's not so much a bad thing as inconvient when figuring out if you are still overweight. When I was 5'9" and 145lbs I was not overweight, but I clearly was skinnier than other 145lb 5'9" girls cause I had 34DD breasts
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Lol, nice. Ok if I get to subtract other stuff then I want 1/4 off for big ears! :-p
  • molyowsk
    molyowsk Posts: 17
    Options
    I hear you completely. I'm at a whopping 32 FF and I've always been rather skinny so I always feel like when I weigh myself, I almost wonder if I should subtract 10 lbs from what the scale says... :(
  • Taith
    Taith Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is something I wish I could adjust my weight, body fat, etc for.

I'm a 34i. It the first place the weight goes and the last place it comes off of (it does not help that neither of my grandmothers were members of the itty bitty titty committee.

My husband and I tried to have me stand on the scale, then stand on the scale with him holding them up.... more than 20lbs.
  • chellygarcia
    Options
    AGREED!!! I just posted about this subject!!! SOOO true!!!!
  • KaelumsMommy
    Options
    I hate my big boobs. They are killing my back! I hope to see some weight loss there!!!