Best optimum nutrition whey flavour?

Options
I haven't tried it before, and I have no idea what to get.
Also, has anyone tried Isopure, does it taste better?

Replies

• datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've tried a handful of optimum nutrition flavors, I prefer the double chocolate milkshake and another chocolate one (can't remember the flavor). The only one I did not like is the cookies and cream it had a weird aftertaste but I've been told it's really good with milk just never tried it. I've never tried isopure
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Double chocolate is good. Vanilla ice cream is good mixed with other things but not by itself.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    ON’s Extreme Chocolate is good.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Didn't much care for the Cookies and Cream from them. I think I really like their Chocolate Peanut Butter, but I put it in a jar and dumped the packaging, so that may actually be from MyProtein.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Vanilla anything tastes nasty. - My two cents.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Double chocolate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have yet to have an ON whey I didn't like personally. But like a few others said some need to be mixed with something else like milk or in a smoothie.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried optimum nutrition choc/peanut butter casein ? Thoughts?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I have yet to have an ON whey I didn't like personally. But like a few others said some need to be mixed with something else like milk or in a smoothie.

The graham cracker was pretty gross.
  • FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

The graham cracker was pretty gross.

Ohhhh it sounds intriguing but I'll have to admit it sounds like it could be heinous if done wrong. Thanks for letting me know so I don't make the mistake of trying it. Lol

• 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Vanilla for me be it ON or other brands. Seems to be the most middle of the road for sweet. IMO anything today is better compared to the powders of 30 years ago ;-)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If I'm in doubt about a new protein powder, I'll always try chocolate first. That's a pretty hard flavor to screw up and if they manage to ruin chocolate, chances are that any other flavor will be equally bad or worse. With that said, any chocolate flavor from ON is pretty good.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've only had ON's double rich chocolate and I'm going to try a few small packs of flavors because my tub is almost gone. I'm not gonna buy a big tub and if it sucks then try to return it or be stuck with it.

Has anyone had the chocolate mint or the strawberry?
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate. I am trying out Syntha 6 and so far I like it in chocolate also
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I ordered 1lb of Delicious Strawberry and 2lbs of Chocolate Mint (their only size); strawberry came today and chocolate mint should be here some time next week.

I tried the strawberry with milk and it reminds me of strawberry Nesquik. I'll keep it and order it again in the future.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Double rich chocolate is the only one I ever got. I just use with milk so it's like chocolate milk. I don't use protein shakes anymore though.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I like the double chocolate and prefer ON to isopure
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Love the mocha cappuccino!
    Banana cream is the only one I can tolerate to mix with just water (still better with milk but sometimes I can't do the carbs).
    Their chocolate flavor is right on.
    Strawberry is alright but I'm usually not a fan in general.