Bfast Shake

Options
1meh
1meh Posts: 94 Member
Not all that long ago I decided to try a breakfast shake to prevent on the way to work Starbucks snacking, as my mind/body does not feel like breakfast in the morning. At least not before I have to go to work (really, 0500? really). It works pretty well. I bought GNC Lean Shake Burn - High Energy, Calorie Burning Whey Protein, because it was recommended by the guy at the store( I know, I know). It's about time I buy a new canister, and this time doing a little more research. So do any of you have recommendations?

I mix it with milk in a cup with a shaker ball. Not looking to pull out the blender every morning. (Fruits are a nice idea, but I don't stick with it.) Just looking for healthy stuff to fill me up til lunch.

Thanks!

Replies

• vinnyluu
    vinnyluu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you want top quality protein and amazing taste, I recommend MTS Nutrition Whey. They have some really good flavors that taste exactly like what the flavor is. I currently have the pumpkin pie flavor and taste like someone blended a pumpkin pie in my smoothie! I know they have a bunch of other flavors like red velvet, apple pie, key lime, banana cream pie, cookies and cream, vanilla, etc. I believe they only offer it online via amazon or tigerfitness.com

I also enjoy cellucor's whipped vanilla whey protein.
  • FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    vinnyluu wrote: »
    I currently have the pumpkin pie flavor and taste like someone blended a pumpkin pie in my smoothie!.

Why is the world do I not have this?????? Pumpkin is my favorite flavor. I've got these pumpkin spice cashews I use to snack on and are amazing but a pumpkin pie smoothie? This needed to happen like yesterday.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I've been using Trutein and it's become my new favorite. It's a mix of whey, casein and egg protein powders, so it blends up thicker than whey protein alone (so it's more filling/satisfying) and they have some great flavors. Their cinnabun flavor tastes like somebody threw a cinnamon roll in the blender and made a shake out of it!
  • FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok so there's another protein that I should be having. Cinnabun and in a thicker mix. That's gonna also happen soon.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I leave my Magic Bullet out on the counter. I mix up the powders and supplements that I want to add to it once a month and leave them in the fridge or freezer. I'd rather know what I'm drinking that buy something.
  • 1meh
    Options
    Thanks folks. I am trying both of those!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok so there's another protein that I should be having. Cinnabun and in a thicker mix. That's gonna also happen soon.
    1meh wrote: »
    Thanks folks. I am trying both of those!

You can also buy samples from Trutein to try the different flavors. Good way to see which flavors you like and don't like before committing a large container of it.

The Power Pudding (Magic Pudding) is also pretty good - mix 2 scoops with 5 oz. of milk, stir it with a spoon for about 30 seconds, throw it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and it's like eating chocolate cake frosting!

[ETA:] It looks like they're out of stock on samples for a few weeks right now while they're relocating their factory.
  • 1meh
    Options

You can also buy samples from Trutein to try the different flavors. Good way to see which flavors you like and don't like before committing a large container of it.

The Power Pudding (Magic Pudding) is also pretty good - mix 2 scoops with 5 oz. of milk, stir it with a spoon for about 30 seconds, throw it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and it's like eating chocolate cake frosting!

[ETA:] It looks like they're out of stock on samples for a few weeks right now while they're relocating their factory.[/quote]

This is GREAT thanks!