How are you doing with Christmas eating so far?

Options

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Just eating 2 meals today. Slept in so had a late breakfast and having dinner at daughter's house. Had a relatively low calorie breakfast of oatmeal and coffee.

When I go to family dinner, I am taking roasted sweet potatoes made with a low calorie glaze. Found the recipe on internet, just 95 calories for 1/2 cup serving. Not too bad for something a bit sweet and not food I often eat. As far as I know, no one is actually bringing dessert either.

70044776.png
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying all the foods within my maintenance calories (breakfast and dinner), then going to breakfast with my coworkers tomorrow morning. Monday morning it's back on track.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    On track Wednesday, yesterday was celebration day in my world on Christmas eve (3700+ calories, so maybe 1900 over maintenance), back on track today. Not stressing.

1900 calories would be around half a pound; so call it a week or maybe even two-week delay at my current deficit. And that's if I *don't* cut back a little extra for a few days, and don't get any extra exercise. Meh.

I'm pretty close to maintenance (within about 5 pounds, but I don't have an exact target number) after losing 56 pounds (since April), so I can handle this without drama.

Life is going to include some celebrations and random over-maintenance days: I'm thinking it's just an opportunity to practice my coping strategies.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Haven't had dinner quite yet but I still have over 1200 calories available. Brought my scale with me and my awesome in-laws even kept aside some potatoes for me with no butter or milk
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    More cookies than usual for me, but Christmas is not a big holiday (food or otherwise) for our family, so in my normal calorie range.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I guesstimated I had around 2550 calories on Christmas day. I'm happy with that. Just 2-300 over my tdee. I compromised well. I really wanted the annual choc mousse so I had some and only had the 1 lamb chop rather than the 2 I'd normally eat. I was sensible, didn't overeat. I added on an extra 15 min to my run. I didn't go overboard with the exercise which I'm happy with. We also swam a lot and was active.

My goal over the past couple of weeks has been to maintain and I think I've done that. :smile: Well actually it's hard to tell until after my period ends/water weight. I'm on day 3, I may have lost some weight.

I'm excited to be back in defecit now to lose my last 4 kg although judging by comments I'm hearing lately I'm looking like I'm at goal now. :smiley:
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to go WAY over today, but I only did by a few hundred, which I managed to burn with a yoga practice, lots of cleaning, and dealing with all of my daughter's gifts (loading and unloading the car, assembling some of her BIG new toys, etc.)
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I plan to put on 5 pounds of temporary salt and carb related weight.

It will hang around for a week.

No real permanent weight gain as in fat added.

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Well, I just finished tweaking the pre-log to accurately show what I ate. I am under calorie allotment for the day, but only due to eating exercise calories (I usually don't). I'm pleased with the outcome. And I enjoyed the heck out of the double chocolate brownie I ate. I'm really happy with the fact that I ate well, enjoyed myself, and didn't go overboard.
  • bren10bren10
    bren10bren10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hmmm not super good
  • Sunnysided1
    Sunnysided1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm eating my Christmas. I stayed home for many reasons. I wound up overeating, but I have been doing that anyway. Those calories add up too quickly.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm about 500 over maintenance. I'm not happy about it but happy that I logged everything. It all adds up fast.
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I went about 2000 over what I am normally eating (1200-1500) on Christmas Day and expect to go over today as well as there is stuffing and gravy calling my name :wink: . I'm not stressing about it. I got Pilates in this morning and Sunday is truly back to business. Keep on keeping on folks!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Ate approximately 2600 calories Christmas day. Definitely over maintenance by at least 350 cals. I didn't feel stuffed or heavy or anything though, I ate more than usual, and more rich food, but didn't gorge.

I did hit my step goal, mainly from cooking and cleaning and buzzing around like a mad woman trying to get everything ready and socializing and cleaning and so forth. I was definitely more active than I am typically, I'm pretty beat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Great Christmas day for me. Thoroughly enjoyed everything I ate yesterday!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I just added mine up: 4054 calories. Which is very near what Thanksgiving totaled too, come to think of it. It must be sort of my limit. (I mean, I was full both days but not full to the point of discomfort like an engorged tick.)
    Okay: two days in the car driving back and forth between Oregon; a few days at my cabin in lots of snow; and one last feast day like this when my father comes through town the 1st or 2nd of January and this holiday season will be complete! Yay! I can do this!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Ate approximately 2600 calories Christmas day. Definitely over maintenance by at least 350 cals. I didn't feel stuffed or heavy or anything though, I ate more than usual, and more rich food, but didn't gorge.

I did hit my step goal, mainly from cooking and cleaning and buzzing around like a mad woman trying to get everything ready and socializing and cleaning and so forth. I was definitely more active than I am typically, I'm pretty beat.

It seems to me that those 350 calories were necessary, for all of the work that you've done!
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I made and ate brownies for breakfast, had a Belgian waffle with Muenster for lunch, salmon with butter, whole grains with veg and parm, and broc with butter sauce for dinner, snacked on brownies and, from my older brother's package, Moravian cookies, cheese straws and toffee ... and stayed within maintenance. Partly because the brownies were a healthyish (but still tasty) recipe, partly by eating half a brownie at a time (and cutting the 8x8 pans into 16 rather than the suggested 9), and partly by logging as I went and sticking to suggested servings.. (I did have seconds on the grains).

I'll second 64crayons' last sentence.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,039 Member
    Options
    Enjoying every minute of it ... with about 12 days of eating to go! :grin:

So nice to just eat and not log anything. :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I kicked butt! I enjoyed myself...had a little bit of everything. Was content, but not stuffed or bloated. Also I upped my cardio this week.

Woke up 1.3 pounds lighter without trying (I'm maintaining). Nice, but I'll gain that back once I hit the weights again! This is my third Christmas actually losing weight in maintenance.