16 pounds to lose

Options
Hey I've been on and off MFP for a year and really never come onto the boards for help. I've been moderately active and consuming less then 600 calorie most days. Is it possible to eat too little and not see weight come off?

Replies

• sarodriguez372
    sarodriguez372 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh wow your calories are very low.... You need a minimum amount of calories for overall health . I am pretty sure 1200 is minimum for most. I have been in your shoes though and thought if I cut more calories I would lose weight faster but not the case. I may Have seen a quick weight loss first week but after that didn't lose anything. I find my body responds better to at least minimum and when I work out I add and take in the bonus calories for exercise and my body responds well to that. You really do need to feed your body to lose weight. If you just don't like making meals consider some good meal shakes to replace what meals your missing.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You need to see a therapist.
  • americantails
    americantails Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hey thanks! Love the negative feed back my first post on this site! Go judge someone else.
  • JmoneyManCash
    JmoneyManCash Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't worry it's all out of love. But 1200 is the minimum without having side effects. You got it, may God help you on this journey. Don't start too late because Jesus is coming soon
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Hey thanks! Love the negative feed back my first post on this site! Go judge someone else.

What negative feedback ?
  • Jessapi
    Jessapi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My metabolism slowed so much over the past year and I was never hungry. I barely ate anything as well. I wasn't losing or gaining weight but I wasn't happy with how I felt. I talked to a nutritionist/ fitness coach who told me that I was only slowing my metabolism down more. You want to try to stay around 1200 minimum. If you eat too little your body will think it is starving and it just slows your metabolism more. I started eating about 1500 a day and was still able to maintain my current weight. I also try to stay active but that is easier said then done for me. Try eating more and being more active. Make small reasonable goals and after awhile you will develop healthy habits without feeling like you have to sacrifice too much. Hope this helps! Good luck :smile:
  • americantails
    americantails Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes that helps a lot!!! Thank you so much!!!