2016 goals??

Options
Mine are to be strong and lean and to hone in on my habits to get me there..

Replies

• JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Mine is to get to my goal weight - loss 60 lbs this year, still have about 35 lbs to go.

I plan on running my first 5k race and want to focus on my strength training as well.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose the 7 lbs I recently gained plus 10 lb more to get to my goal weight. Also start strength training.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Run half marathon and get ripped to shreds
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Get rid of, at least; 26 pounds.
  • ellenoel87
    ellenoel87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gain 15lbs in muscle - eat consistently and enjoy the process so I can reach the end goal
  • fitmeag
    fitmeag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Loose 55 pounds
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    Maintain , lift as heavy as possible ..gain a little muscle/reduce Bf and also eat more healthy diet which I've been working on anyway.. iam not making goals for 2016 I've be working on these way before the new year.. so Ill be doing the same thing I've been doing.. just working on getting better at them.
  • jcheung25
    jcheung25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm at 188lbs and trying to hit my ideal weight of 167. 21 lbs- get lean and fit.
  • indiecupcake89
    indiecupcake89 Posts: 26 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Lose the 10 lbs I've gained in the last year by recommitting myself to the healthy lifestyle habits I used to religiously follow that helped me lose 180lbs. Back to gym most days, cutting out grains/sugar, strictly counting calories and preventing binge days.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Maintain, exercise more.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I have several specific goals. Been getting them squared away the last few weeks...
    1) get my emergency teaching credential cleared so I can sub in more classrooms & programs and make a little more money, some of which can be spent on some personal trainer hours. CBest is done & just needs to be scored; paperwork with state can be completed in January.
    2) tackle free weights, with a trainer, once a revenue stream to fund it has been established.
    3) complete the Jack London Klondike Challenge with 500 miles of open space hiking & historic walking tours. I walk more than this in a year, but this challenge specifically will get me out of my neighborhood & local state park rut. Time to broaden my horizons, & bone up on a literary figure I enjoy.
    4) drop the last 25 lbs and spend a few months at maintenance before setting new goals for 2017!
  • nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hit a streak of tracking food on MFP for 365 days straight.
    Eat more veggies on a daily basis.
    Strength train 3 times a week.
    Continue my progress of not taking things personally.
  • neplainjanepas
    neplainjanepas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone on your goals for 2016!

My goal is to gain another 7 lbs of muscle and continue changing things up in the gym so that I don't Plateau!
  • Havasufalls
    Havasufalls Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I have several specific goals. Been getting them squared away the last few weeks...
    1) get my emergency teaching credential cleared so I can sub in more classrooms & programs and make a little more money, some of which can be spent on some personal trainer hours. CBest is done & just needs to be scored; paperwork with state can be completed in January.
    2) tackle free weights, with a trainer, once a revenue stream to fund it has been established.
    3) complete the Jack London Klondike Challenge with 500 miles of open space hiking & historic walking tours. I walk more than this in a year, but this challenge specifically will get me out of my neighborhood & local state park rut. Time to broaden my horizons, & bone up on a literary figure I enjoy.
    4) drop the last 25 lbs and spend a few months at maintenance before setting new goals for 2017!

Love it!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I find goals have to be very specific and break down into an easy checklist of small steps to actually work for me and my ADHD riddled brain! ;-)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Run another half marathon and improve on my last time.
    Get stronger.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My goal is to finish menopause at the weight I started it, plus or minus 5Lbs. So far, so good.
    And to be able to do headstands in Yoga. This will take some work, as menopause has messed with my balance.
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 25 lb by June. I got wildly off track this fall due to some personal issues. In order to do lose the weight (which at a post menopausal 55 yrs old will be difficult), I must meditate every day. In the morning. Which means less/no wine at night so I can get up and meditate. It is a package deal for me. I'm ready. I wish you all success in your goals
  • niajones95
    niajones95 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Get down to my goal weight of 9st 7lbs (133lbs) :)