What to do with leftovers?

Options
What do you do when you have just a little bit of leftovers and it's not enough for another serving? I had meatloaf and weighed out everything. Then there was a little bit leftover; too much for my meal and not enough for another meal. Same with small amount of leftover spaghetti. I hate to waste it by tossing it.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Those would both be fabulous scrambled with eggs :)

When I have a pasta meal, I make extra to have with eggs. I like 2 ounces of pasta with two eggs and veggies.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you have just a little bit of leftovers and it's not enough for another serving? I had meatloaf and weighed out everything. Then there was a little bit leftover; too much for my meal and not enough for another meal. Same with small amount of leftover spaghetti. I hate to waste it by tossing it.
    You can eat it as a snack later.
    Put the meatloaf on a slice of bread and make a sandwich
    Have the small bit of pasta left over alond side of a soup for lunch tomorrow.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just eat them later and add some veggies or something.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I make a meal of leftover dibs and dabs.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I throw stuff out
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    2 slices of bread and make a sammich or tortilla and make a burrito.
  • sabulaboys4
    sabulaboys4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When the kids won't eat leftovers and I hate making 2 separate meals. I could freeze some of it but my freezer is getting full and I was raised to not throw them away. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Eat it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I hate waste so I find a way to use it up, with meat loaf it is great topped with a fried egg and mushrooms.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Put them in a soup. Yum.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Give it to our dogs.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I use scraps and tidbits for soup, omelets, salad ingredients, or what we call "throwdown supper"--which is collection of little leftovers supplemented by some raw or cooked veggies.
  • Cheryllynnhagen
    Cheryllynnhagen Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions