Fell off the wagon...now need to lose 100+

Options
I'm done beating myself up over stopping and gaining everything back. What's important is that I start back up again!

I'm 29, female, 5'9''ish and currently 294 lbs. I need to at least lose 100 lbs, but getting back into the 170-160 range would be ideal for a very long term goal.

I wouldn't mind some new friends who similarly have a lot to lose!

If you take antidepressants like I do, then I would really like to band together for support since medicines aren't always weight friendly.

Here's to trying again and new friends.

Replies

• bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I also have 100+ to lose. I have a real problem right now with food ( other than eating the wrong foods)..medical reasons. I had surgery not too long ago and ever since, everything I eat makes my stomach hurt.

It wasn't weightloss surgery. I just haven't been able to stay away from the greasy, fatty foods as much as I need to. I have done better but not good enough. I know it takes time but I'm a very impatient person and want it now, lol.

I know it's one day at a time and before I realize it, I will be doing what I need to do to get my weight under control. I have been "big" all my life so I don't know what it feels like to be healthy. That's my goal, to be healthy and pain free.

• honeybee1996
    honeybee1996 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have lots of weight to lose also. I'm 38 and 190lbs and 5'2". I am on antidepressants, too. I would like to be around 130lbs. Dream weight would be even less.
  • halugill
    halugill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! Don't beat yourself up, just remember your mistakes and learn from them. I sent you a friend request
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I know it's hard not to beat myself up sometimes...but hey. At least I'm doing something about it now.
  • MyWeigh94
    MyWeigh94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have about 150 pounds to lose. And I am on depression and anxiety medications. I'm adding you!
  • greenninjadrops100mfp
    Options
    Hey Vixen we have similar stats! I just sent you a request!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I have a real suspicion that meds totally screw up the poor body's ability to "understand" what it needs, and to burn fuel efficiently. I got off of anxiety meds, and a couple others, and it helped both my kidney and weight loss.

Then the MD prescribed Gabapentin for some severe nerve pain in my leg (post car accident) MAIN thing that med does is affect weight GAIN..gee thanks..hard to NOT take it since it helps so much…I won't be stepping on the scale until Dec 31..get the "bad news" and start fresh like everyone else!! on Jan 1.

I have found low carb foods really works for me..and at least have not gained much with this new med, thank goodness. Sugar is my real enemy..just avoiding diabetes is reason enough to stay away from it.
  • Susiekabloozie
    Susiekabloozie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have about 80lbs to lose. Sending you a request.
  • sophilyn
    sophilyn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just get back on that wagon and tell those horses, "Getty Up"! Good luck to you. You can do this! :)
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I also want to lose over 100. Currently 85 down and looking for motivated friends.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    5-10 lbs at a time. Do not get ahead of yourself. You didn't put this weight on overnight don't expect to lose it overnight, it will take some time. I believe you can do it so there is at least one person out there who believes in you. Get to the gym and show them what you are made of.