garmin connect & mfp sync

Options
Is anyone else having issues syncing mfp to connect & connect to mfp?

I no longer have them connected and when I try to do this nothing happens. Doesn't matter if I try it via the mfp website or the app. I get sent to garmin connect but they don't connect. I try to sync but nothing, the last sync was 13th December!

Replies

• dm9991966
    dm9991966 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just received a vivofit2. I swear I had it working last night, but now, it doesn't appear to be working. I replaced a Fitbit with the vivofit2. Like I said, I thought it was working ok last night, but today, I'm not seeing any exercise credits on MyFitnessPal, even after trying to link them several times. MFP and GC both say they are linked, but no data appears to be flowing.
  • jmoya0405
    jmoya0405 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    MFP is having interface issues. I haven't been able to see any newsfeed soft the past few days. I also have issues from time to time with Garmin connect, make sure the software is updated.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Yes, it might me a MFP thing. My newsfeed is also shot and for the first time today my activity didnt sync over to MFP from Garmin.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    my exercise just synced
  • ddrohome
    ddrohome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to sync my Garmin with mfp since the android update on December 24. This has happened before when mfp updates their app. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the apps without success.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Just curious, does anything come over when you do a manual sync from within Garmin Connect?
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm having trouble as well. Like others, I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting but that didn't seem to do a thing. I can sync to Garmin but no data is sent to MFP. Even a manual sync with the ANT stick gets me nothing. Hope it's fixed soon.
  • jennylee133
    jennylee133 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Having issues as well. Had a Fitbit that always seemed to sync pretty flawlessly with MFP but was thrilled to upgrade to the new Forerunner 235 as I ramp up my workouts so disappointing to not see any "credit" to my diary for them. Hope we see a fix soon!
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just got the 235 also,after switching over from the fitbit charge HR---can't sync from garmin to mfp
  • scastor27
    Options
    Seems to be working now! Yesterday's exercise calories aren't showing but today is syncing. Fingers crossed it isn't going to tweak out again.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    you can always go back and resync past numbers in Garmin Connect. Just go back to yesterday and click sync (I do this on the web - connect.garmin.com on the calorie in/calorie out report). That way a brief interuption doesnt mess with my weekly calorie numbers.
  • scastor27
    Options
    Thank you!
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I still have nothing from Dec 25 onwards for activities on MFP. They all synced to Strava/BT no problem. MFP is so flakey with Garmin considering how linked they are.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    gdyment wrote: »
    I still have nothing from Dec 25 onwards for activities on MFP. They all synced to Strava/BT no problem. MFP is so flakey with Garmin considering how linked they are.

Sorry to hear that. In general I don't have problems with the activities. The calories from steps can be spotty sometimes but you don't seem like much of a step guy :). I'm taking a break this week so I haven't tried syncing activities. MFP is having much bigger problems this week since they decided to launch new features just before Christmas and their engineers have been working through them.
  • jpaxton1118
    jpaxton1118 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also got the 235. How do you make sure you don't get double calories. I ran and it counted those calories and it also counted my steps but it counted also while I was running so now I have double the calories.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    8q4c080l03fw.jpg

Hmm, technically it shouldn't happen if Garmin knows the time. I don't have the 235 but I am attaching a picture to help explain what should happen. Although Garmin tracks the steps of the run, it only uses the calories associated with the run and eliminates those steps from the overall daily calculation. This all depends on the time being correct. What do you see when you take a look in Garmin Connect at your Activity Breakdown for the day?
  • jpaxton1118
    Options
    74olffzybfi5.png

This is what mine looks like. I am not sure where to find the page you have listed. I am new to connect. I could not use it with my 220
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Although the mobile view provides a nice summary, the real powerful reporting is on the connect.garmin.com website. You can set specific goals and monitoring all kinds of things. However, if I look at the mobile view and go to the day in question and look at my steps, you will see a running override in purple. Do you get the same thing?y5x6672ydejz.png
  • jpaxton1118
    Options
    Ok I may need to go on the actual web page and check it out. I have the purple when I am running but it also has purple when I was not running.cbr3i8oaavhe.png
  • jpaxton1118
    Options
    So it looks like my Garmin is adjusting for the steps so why is it not showing that way in mfp? For steps it shows 25000 and then it shows I ran 10 miles today. When running I got over 19000 so the walking should just show the remainder. How do I change the walking portion on mfp?