Mrs. New Booty

Options
I hate my flat butt. As a black woman my husband feels like its supposed to be something I and all other women should have if not all women should want it so I'm busting my butt (literally) trying to get it there and I'm seeing no results. I had my son last year in August and I still have my post partum gut and no hips or butt. How do I possibly make this happen quicker it's been about a month now. And in between work and baby and taking care of a home I'm too exhausted too broke and too discouraged to work out but I still do. What can I do to make my booty bigger and my stomach flatter. Would protein powder help?

Replies

• BrelaD
    BrelaD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh and I started taking garcinia cambogia eating healthy and brisk walking. Sadface I want my perfect body now...
  • mrsmac7051
    mrsmac7051 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BrelaD wrote: »
    Oh and I started taking garcinia cambogia eating healthy and brisk walking. Sadface I want my perfect body now...

I feel your pain. I've always had a butt and have lost it and regained some during my weight loss journey. So here's what has helped me. Squats which I only do sometimes because it hurts my knee. And running has helped a lot. Also its videos on you tube I do that don't involve squats so go on there quickly and search. They really work. But one thing for sure is that you have to keep at it or you will lose what you gain. And as far as your stomach just keep at your cardio it will happen good luck girlie. Our husbands love us regardless but they really do love our butts
  • BrelaD
    BrelaD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you and do you think protein powder will help
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you want to make your booty bigger you should look into lifting weights, a progressive load program like Strong Curves. And no, I'm not affiliated with the program :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Garcinia cambogia does nothing.

If you want a rounder backside, there is no quick fix. The two options are to gain fat and hope it goes to your butt or do a progressive overload lifting program and work on developing the musculature. Building actual muscle mass is a time consuming process in women. Patience, discipline, and dedication are key.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    BrelaD wrote: »
    I hate my flat butt. As a black woman my husband feels like its supposed to be something I and all other women should have if not all women should want it so I'm busting my butt (literally) trying to get it there and I'm seeing no results. I had my son last year in August and I still have my post partum gut and no hips or butt. How do I possibly make this happen quicker it's been about a month now. And in between work and baby and taking care of a home I'm too exhausted too broke and too discouraged to work out but I still do. What can I do to make my booty bigger and my stomach flatter. Would protein powder help?

I hope, I mean really really hope, that you are not saying what you think you are saying and you are not trying to change your body shape because your hisband is not happy with it and making you feel ugly because of it? I also hope that this husband is doing his equal share of work, chores at home and taking care of the baby, so if you have no money and time to workout, neither does he.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Here's the deal, hun. Our butts are made up of both muscle and fat. Unfortunately, depending on our body shape, we may or may not gain fat in our butt. Some women gain in their stomach, hips, legs, arms, boobs, etc. This is something beyond our control and is commonly referred to as body type.

NOW then. The only thing we DO have control of is the muscle in this area. We CAN gain muscle in this area through heavy lifting and consistent effort. This will still be capped to a certain extent and you cannot acheive a kim kardashian a$s from lifting weights.

So here's your options. You can lose fat overall (note: you dont choose where you gain it or lose it, you can only lose or gain overall) and you can work on strengthening the muscles in your glutes.

To get a big, fat, booty when you don't have the genetics for it requires medical intervention either with implants or with BBL where they move fat from one place and inject in the butt.

My advice: eat less calories and lose weight, ditch the supplement you bought it's a waste of money, and start a program like strong curves.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other pp...weight training will help give you better definition. Not sure what you perceive as ideal but genetics still plays a part in that ( I would assume in terms of volume) Not sure how I feel about your hubby's statement or views as all "attributes " don't apply to us all. Basically, work with what you have and focus on your other great assets. Stay away from the supplements, waste of money.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Google Brett Contreras "the glute guy"
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Yes, Brett's advice is awesome. I do heavily-weighted glute bridges, which work with my bad knees. I also do weighted ballet-type moves, similar to cable kickbacks at the gym (and then some floor ones, too).

The protein will help, but the sometimes sad thing about actually putting on muscle is that you have to eat in a surplus --or at least maintenance-- and lift pretty heavily (for you) if you want to add muscle. You can make the muscle look better without that, but if you want extra inches, you'll need to build.

I put on at least an inch in glutes over spring-summer-fall eating at maintenance and some above :) But then I cut back my eating since then, so no more new inches.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    A month is a drop in the bucket. You can strengthen your glutes while losing fat but they aren't going to get bigger. They will look a bit better once you hit your weight goal if you've been working them (e.g., lifting weights) compared to if you've not been working them. However, building them is something done in a different step because losing an appreciable amount of fat while building an appreciable amount of muscle is extremely difficult. Focus on one and then the other IMO.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Read Strong Curves and use the workouts found in the book.
  • kalynbreann357
    kalynbreann357 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Build A Better Booty e-book, it has 3 workouts set for 3 months and I've been doing it for about 2 weeks and am I already seeing results. Its about $30 but completely worth it. https://www.instagram.com/zbodyfitnessinc/ this shows a lot of results from the workout.
  • reetgreenthumb
    reetgreenthumb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    from my experience if you have a big belly it kinda takes away from your *kitten*. I lost weight and suddenly have a bit of a butt because the front part isn't so damn big and my *kitten* is now more proportionate to the rest of me. It might actually be there and when you get to your weight goal it will show more. You won't have a giant bum it will have a proper shape. If you follow all the previous posts advice with exerciseing it to tone it abit, you'll see results. I wouldn't waiste my money on protein shakes. They have more protein than your body needs and you'll probly just poop most of it out. Also excessive amounts of protein can create kidney problems so you need to make sure you drink enough water and not overdoing it if you chose to suppliment. If you stretch properly before and after exercise and are consuming enough protein in your diet, you'll be fine.
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How about Brazil butt lift from beach body ? They May still make the program. No I'm not affiliated just do beach body workouts
    Good luck dear
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lift weights
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the butt loss but it's natural when you lose weight to loose some size in the booty. The only fix to this is time and a progressive load weight routine with a focus on the muscles that make up the posterior that hit them from different angles. Here are some of your choices, squats (many different variations), lunges (many different variations), deadlifts (many different variations), hip thrusts (my favorite), and many other different exercises that work the glutes. However, you have to lift heavy to really see a major difference, that means 75% or more of your weight max each set for at most 5 reps with progressive weight increases. Most women are afraid of lifting that heavy but it's what's necessary in order to stimulate muscle growth. Doing the same exercises with a higher volume (more reps) will improve shape but not size. Unless you just want to pack the fat back on for a bigger butt, which definitely won't give you the shape you want, that is the only option.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Sorry about the butt loss but it's natural when you lose weight to loose some size in the booty. The only fix to this is time and a progressive load weight routine with a focus on the muscles that make up the posterior that hit them from different angles. Here are some of your choices, squats (many different variations), lunges (many different variations), deadlifts (many different variations), hip thrusts (my favorite), and many other different exercises that work the glutes. However, you have to lift heavy to really see a major difference, that means 75% or more of your weight max each set for at most 5 reps with progressive weight increases. Most women are afraid of lifting that heavy but it's what's necessary in order to stimulate muscle growth. Doing the same exercises with a higher volume (more reps) will improve shape but not size. Unless you just want to pack the fat back on for a bigger butt, which definitely won't give you the shape you want, that is the only option.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it's hard to facilitate muscle growth while you're in a caloric deficit. The body needs extra calories and a lot of protein to grow muscle so you have to eat 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight in general to gain muscle. If you have a lot of fat to lose, you have to worry less about your caloric intake but your muscle growth will be slower than if you were eating at a caloric glut.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    I also missed the part about "all women should naturally have or want a booty". That is funny. Here we get into stereotypes where this stream is probably not a good place for this conversation but I'm going there anyway. Not all women have booties, just like not all men do. Genetically, women of African decent generally have a higher degree of genetics that lends towards retaining weight in the butt while women of European decent tend to retain their weight in their upper torso. There's a lot of scientific discussions about why this is but no consensus on the matter. Even between women of African decent there are wide genetic differences and no ethnicity is the same. For example, Brazilian women are well known for the plus size butts and thighs. Some of it is because of genetics (as they do have African genes), some of it is from the glamorization of plus size butts and thighs in their culture and some of it is from plastic surgery (butt implants). I will agree though that more African American men than other ethnicities are drawn to women with bigger posteriors. I think this is more a cultural thing than anything else. Ask Tone Loc, he sang a song about it. You're husband should want you to be the best you can be as a woman and a Mother. If that means that you're butt is not as bootylicious as some other women, then so be it. If you want a more bodacious butt, do it for yourself. If it pleases you to please your man, then so be it but make sure it pleases you.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I'll be damned if i change anything about me for anyone other than myself .....