Question.......

Options
Good morning MFP peeps, I want to know you guys opinion. I lost 28 lbs prior to joining this site, so do you think I should include that on my progress or not.

Thanks in advance for your input :tongue:

Replies

• casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I would, I like to celebrate my total lbs. lost total in this lifestyle change, not just since I discovered mfp ;)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    If it would help with your motivation, why not? I've lost 23 lbs in less than two weeks. granted, I just had a baby (a little less than 7 lbs of that), but it's done wonders for my motivation, so I've posted it. :)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    If it inspires you, then do it!
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    I wrote what I started at on my profile...you can take a peek at it if you want...I like for ppl to see how far ive come..I lost 28 lbs since on mfp..but since starting weight watchers I lost 52.5
  • katijjane
    katijjane Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i definitely would will make u feel better!
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    YES!!! You have lost this much weight so far, so why not :-D
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You lost it, you earned it.
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    YES! I was up to 214....lost a little weight and was 206 when I started this site. So, I logged in my beginning weight of 214 to see how much I have accomplished. YEs....it makes you feel better and gives you more motivation!
  • slimmedawn
    slimmedawn Posts: 33
    Options
    If it would help with your motivation, why not? I've lost 23 lbs in less than two weeks. granted, I just had a baby (a little less than 7 lbs of that), but it's done wonders for my motivation, so I've posted it. :)

WOW that is excellent!!!! would love to know how u have achieved this ?? i.e how much exercise how many calories etc

well done that is truly something to be proud of :) xx
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! :)
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You own it. Claim it! :happy:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options

WOW that is excellent!!!! would love to know how u have achieved this ?? i.e how much exercise how many calories etc

well done that is truly something to be proud of :) xx

Thanks! :) I think a lot of it was water weight, but during the first few days after delivering (I had a C-section, I don't know if that changes things), I was sooooo thirsty, so I found myself drinking over 160 oz. of water a day. The thirst subsided after awhile, but I'm still drinking at least 100 oz/day. I'm also nursing my baby full time, and will pump about once a day. I like to have extra milk on hand, just in case.
    As far as diet goes, I'm on 1700 calories/day. No exercise yet, won't be cleared to do that until my 6 week checkup. However, I walk when I can, but I don't log it, since I'm walking for healing purposes, and go very slowly.
    I think that's it. The combination of drink tons of water, nursing and eating approximately 1700 calories a day seems to be working well. I'm about 156 lbs, and 5'2.
    Hope this helps!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    My ticker shows weight lost since January 1st even though I just joined MFP last month.
  • FJones43
    FJones43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow Tiffany, that is awesome!!!! I definitely will check out your page! Good job :happy: :smile:
  • FJones43
    FJones43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you all for you adivce, as you can see I added my progress. I just need to get my a@@ motivated to workout. I have thyroid disease and I had my yearly done today waiting on the blood work to make sure the meds are doing what they're suposed to.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    How do you change your ticker? I thought about changing my starting weight to what it was before I started losing weight too, not just once I joined MFP,,,