Getting back on track after the holidays

Options
So, I've made a pig of myself over the last few days. From the cheese board to the Turkey and the celebratory drinks. I've enjoyed them but now it's time to stop.

Any tips for getting back on track?

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is draw a line under it and start again.
    Take one day at a time.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Get back to logging and exercising.
  • KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ah easy.. One day at a time! You don't have to start over, you just have to keep moving forward. Get back to your routine now that most of the festivities are over. Get back in the gym and get back to logging.

:) You got this!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You just get back to what you were doing before.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    just get back into your routine. its not rocket science and takes no planning to ' do it'

after the first couple of days its easy again and becomes habit again
  • FatCopThinCop
    FatCopThinCop Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    gerfbrady wrote: »
    So, I've made a pig of myself over the last few days. From the cheese board to the Turkey and the celebratory drinks. I've enjoyed them but now it's time to stop.

Any tips for getting back on track?

Here is that BIG TIP. You just did it. You came back and are ready to get busy.

Welcome back and dont feel bad...you enjoyed life. I did the same thing too. Only regret is the 7.5 pounds i picked up.

Later,
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Start with a big glass of water when you wake up. And a big glass of water before you decide to eat anything.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    I will simply resume what I was doing before Christmas ... on either January 4 or, more likely, January 11. :)

Meanwhile, I will eat lots ... and exercise lots.
  • monkeygirl32
    monkeygirl32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back up today after a 3 day break. It's was hard to even count the calories because I don't know what other people put in their food. No biggie. I'm just starting back today now that I have total control again. I'm hoping the rain will let up for an hour so I an get outside to exercise. I'm want to take advantage of these warm temps!!
  • top_mom
    top_mom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Today's the day for me! Holidays were fantastic but time to get back on track.. Initial thoughts were the new year, but decided against that!
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Started fresh again today. Feel free to add. As with anything, the beginning can be hard. Just need to pwer through!!!!
  • tabletmfp
    tabletmfp Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all I ate loads on Xmas day. Yesterday I intended to fast but I was invited out for drinks, so I said forget the fast and again I ate plenty. Woke up today at 2pm with a terrible hangover. I said the day is half gone already so I will fast. And that's what I did. I ate 650 calories and I didn't feel hungry after the excess. It was easy, and now I am back on track. So I had 2 lovely days of munching things I don't normally eat. I will look on it as a diet break which we all need once or twice a year. Then we return to restricting with renewed vigor. Good luck to you all.
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I ate all the things Xmas eve and day but yesterday I was back on track. The only thing I'm no counting calories for is dinner while I try to get rid of the leftovers but that will only be at most an extra hundred calories a day for a few days. I should be fully back to normal 1/1 after our traditional NYE chinese takeout meal.
  • sheildadrapkin
    sheildadrapkin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    gerfbrady, I just got back from a major huge grocery shopping trip & took a list of tons of healthy options to have on hand so that I would have options & no excuses :)
  • mdmazur
    mdmazur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bandbmc wrote: »
    I'm with you. Started fresh again today. Feel free to add. As with anything, the beginning can be hard. Just need to pwer through!!!!

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    As others have already said, just get back on it. Many of us have had a few days of overindulgence and that's just fine. It's the holidays and they're made for celebrating! I'm eating up the leftovers from Christmas dinner in as healthy way as possible (green salad with turkey breast for example) and planning to send any remaining goodies with my husband tomorrow so he can share with co-workers. I"m skipping the weigh-in for a week, getting back on track, and will assess the damage (if any) next week. No worries, it's life!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My typical kickstart/turnaround strategy is a two day 800-900 calorie "veggie blast."

I've been working all day on a huge pot of veggie soup (cabbage, spinach, kale, celery, onions, mushrooms, canned tomatoes, water, shiritaki noodles, and a ton of aromatic herbs and spices), and will do it again tomorrow. Very filling and satisfying-- and does wonders for the . . . ahem . . . constitutional!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    im starting back after the 1st since we are throwing a big new years eve party, thus mass eating and drinking. i allowed myself the break and know its back to business after. If i wasnt mentally strong enough i probably wouldnt have taken the break. To be honest im tired and feel like *kitten* from the excess alcohol and suger so im ready haha. there is no special trick.. just gotta do it if you want it.
  • SuzieQzie123
    SuzieQzie123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I took my kids on a 5k walk this afternoon and burned 800 calories. I regret nothing. LOL I don't think I "pigged out" based on what I used to do. I did eat lots of cheese, drank a few cocktails and did enjoy a few bites of cheesecake but, all in all, I'm super happy with how the holidays went.
  • Donna_Renae
    Donna_Renae Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    The only thing you can do is draw a line under it and start again.
    Take one day at a time.

I like this!