The Good The Bad & The Ugly (3 good things)

Options
Making the commitment to be a healthier happier me. I'm a 6 year Cancer survivor. My Thyroid however did not make it. Doctor is telling me, because of a recurrence, we're looking at a chronic Cancer situation. I'm good with that. We'll take it as it comes.
Anyway due to the dose of thyroid meds I'm taking he says it's time for me to start taking a calcium supplement and do some resistance training. (Good thing I love P90X) calcium supplements? Yuk! Tried a couple different kinds they make me ill. So, all that being said, I try to make sure I get all of my calcium from foods I eat. Hopefully this won't be to big of a challenge using MFP. I have about 50lbs to lose. So here we go!
3 Good Things:
1. I took the plunge and stepped on the scale today.
2. I logged every item I put into my mouth
3. It's time for bed
Here's to having another day to try try again

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere. Hope you can find the motivation to continue.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, you have an amazing outlook. :) You are awesome. I look forward to your next 3 good things.... and here are my 3 good things (I hope you don't mind!):

1. I have coffee
    2. I get to go for a run today (thank you, baby spongebob - I really need it)
    3. I get a ton of quiet time today to clean (don't know why, but it's therapeutic for me)
  • marksweightloss
    marksweightloss Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    These are the three good things that I have planned for today.
    1. Don't drink any of my calories today!
    2. Log all of my food before I eat it...making sure I really want it.
    3. Go to the gym.
    I'll check back at the end of the day to let you know if I was able to accomplish my goals.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    1. Today is the last day of eating Christmas Crap.
    2. Today is the last day of eating Christmas Crap.
    3. Today is the last day of eating Christmas Crap.
    :)
  • cntrygrl1026
    cntrygrl1026 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Wow, you have an amazing outlook. :) You are awesome. I look forward to your next 3 good things.... and here are my 3 good things (I hope you don't mind!):

1. I have coffee
    2. I get to go for a run today (thank you, baby spongebob - I really need it)
    3. I get a ton of quiet time today to clean (don't know why, but it's therapeutic for me)

Cleaning is therapeutic for me too. It makes me feel good to sit down and look at my work.
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love your outlook on life angb1026! Cleaning is also therapeutic for me as well! I love just getting rid of clutter and junk. Just feels wonderful and satisfying :) I love the "3 good things" idea! That really helps one see the positive side of the day!

My 3 good things:
    1. Waking up feeling that fire and motivation to take control of my health again.
    2. Knowing what I need to do to get back at it :)
    3. The sun is finally shining today for the first time in over a week!