smallest of small things

Options
hey guys, I'm looking to not only lose weight but to improve my body. skin, muscles, health, hair. I'm looking for small things you guys may do. ie- cold showers. certain drinks every morning?

Replies

• Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water! I also drink tea when I have the urge to eat out of boredom.

What is your routine like now?
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of different fruits and vegetables. Aim for many different colors. Nuts and seeds also pack a lot of great nutrients. Of course, other things are very good for you, too, but those are the ones that come to mind that most folks don't do enough of on a daily basis :)
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with my skin since I was a teenager. I think I take great care of my skin - washing with gentle cleansers morning and night, sunscreen every day, don't smoke, eat my veggies, drink plenty of water - but still I break out constantly. No OTC meds made a dent.
    For me, the solution is consulting a dermatologist and getting prescription-strength help.
    I will say that once I started taking fish-oil capsules and drinking bulletproof coffee, the dry patches on my elbows and knees went away! I think my diet was too low-fat before.
  • MFrey718
    MFrey718 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kyrenora wrote: »
    Drink lots of water! I also drink tea when I have the urge to eat out of boredom.

So I haven't been at it for long. 3 months now, but after I was able to lock down a diet and excercise routine (I think I am still under eating but still working on it) I start the morning with 2 glasses of ice cold water. I try to do some sort of yoga/stretch position but keep it fun. the other day I did 20 front rolls and some somersaults. I usually try to have eggs in the morning but since I am not a big breakfast person that sometimes gets replaced with oatmeal. I have read about cold showers and slowly dove into them. harder then I thought.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    MFrey718 wrote: »
    Kyrenora wrote: »

So I haven't been at it for long. 3 months now, but after I was able to lock down a diet and excercise routine (I think I am still under eating but still working on it) I start the morning with 2 glasses of ice cold water. I try to do some sort of yoga/stretch position but keep it fun. the other day I did 20 front rolls and some somersaults. I usually try to have eggs in the morning but since I am not a big breakfast person that sometimes gets replaced with oatmeal. I have read about cold showers and slowly dove into them. harder then I thought.

I hear you on the breakfast thing. I usually start the morning with a smoothie or something. If I start the day with a heavy meal, I feel sluggish all day.

On the hair and skin front, vitamins E & K really help, so add in foods with high contents of those.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    +1 for water.