Work in progress (PICS)

Options
lovatt79
lovatt79 Posts: 31 Member
Been going since December 2014, with a few slip ups along the way. I started off following MFPs recommended calorie intake and now i simply aim for 1500 calories and 10,000 steps a day. I dont weigh myself, instead i judge my progress by having to buy new clothes. I am very happy with my progress, i still have a ways to go but i am motivated to get there.7fgskseh5sm6.jpg
nzey4mhsp64w.jpg

Replies

• Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I know folks are constantly asking, "what did you do?"!
  • lovatt79
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    Great job!! I know folks are constantly asking, "what did you do?"!

When i went home to Scotland back in September there was a lot of "Is everything ok?"

Thank you very much
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    wow...great job!
  • Saboteurteehee
    Saboteurteehee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You look great and I like your simple plan. It gets rid of all the "noise" I use to sabotage myself :D
  • 7DawnC
    7DawnC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're looking great! Keeping it simple is obviously working for you!
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Inspiring pal - great job
  • cog62
    cog62 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Love how you don't weigh yourself. I get so hung up on the scale. Like if it is up .2, I go off the deep end! Thanks for sharing your progress pic!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to inspire others! :smiley:
  • lovatt79
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    wow...great job!

Thank you so much
  • lovatt79
    Options
    cog62 wrote: »
    Love how you don't weigh yourself. I get so hung up on the scale. Like if it is up .2, I go off the deep end! Thanks for sharing your progress pic!

I would get hung up on the numbers too, i feel if i was weighing myself every week and losing id want to treat myself. The way im doing it now it takes time to notice the progress, waiting for clothes to get baggier takes a few weeks but when it happens and i can go buy new clothes its a good feeling.
  • lovatt79
    Options
    Way to go!! You look great and I like your simple plan. It gets rid of all the "noise" I use to sabotage myself :D

Thank you, simplicity really works. The activity level has been key, im always trying to beat my previous days steps. Another plus side is if youre out walking then you're not tempted to eat out of boredom
  • lovatt79
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    Congratulations! Way to inspire others! :smiley:

Thank you so much
  • lovatt79
    Options
    gponter79 wrote: »
    Inspiring pal - great job

Thank you, I appreciate it
  • lovatt79
    Options
    7DawnC wrote: »
    Awesome! You're looking great! Keeping it simple is obviously working for you!

Thank you Dawn
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 307 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    lovatt79 wrote: »
    i simply aim for 1500 calories and 10,000 steps a day.
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 307 Member
    Options

I like your simple approach, and it’s now my new goal too. Congrats to you and thanks for posting this!
  • lovatt79
    Options
    I like your simple approach, and it’s now my new goal too. Congrats to you and thanks for posting this!

Ive found its what works for me, i was slacking on my 10,000 steps over the past month but thankfully i got a fitbit as a Christmas gift so its my new motivation
  • lovatt79
    Options
    jennitm wrote: »
    You look fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much Jenn
  • Dagoob
    Dagoob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!