Stay at home moms!

Options
NicoleFray
NicoleFray Posts: 82 Member
edited October 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey! I have a 3 yro and a 7month old. Some days I'm just so so tired! Okay well I think it's more lazy but I get in such a weird "funk" but it's just annoying idk why I get like this! I would love to have some stay at home/moms in general as friends!!
So add me! Or I can add you!

Replies

• Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The last two days I've been really tired as well. I tend to have my days where I will be super tired for a few days and have tons of energy for a few days. It probably depends on how I slept. I have a 2 year old daughter (3 next month) and a 10 year old boy. So at least one is in school part of the day.
  • NicoleFray
    Options
    That's exactly how I am! So frustrating. Just so "bleh" but when it's time for bed I'm like wide awake. How annoying lol.
  • bahlena
    bahlena Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! My husband never knows what the house will look like when he comes home: clean on energetic days and cluttered on low energy days. I have a 3 year old and 5 month old. My oldest and I are still adjusting to this SAHM gig. I'm a little worried about "cabin fever" this winter...
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I am a sahm of 20 month old twins and it is a lot. Feel free to add!
  • tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ugh in the same boat!
    I have a 2 year old daughter and 3 month old son, I try to walk every day, but my weight isn't shifting
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Im not a mother, but I do spend my work days doing much the same as any SAHM, except the cleaning up is a part of it regardless of my energy levels haha.

I take care of twins who are a month shy of being 3. They can really take it out of me! Its not a physical tired feeling but an emotional one. Sometimes the only break I really need is just some quiet. Everything littles do is so loud and it really is fun in the moments but I live a quiet life on my own so I will steal a private bathroom break when I get overwhelmed by the energy of the room. Im an introvert too so that's about my only weakness as a child care provider. At a certain point Im all out of emotional energy so I turn the fan on in the bathroom and close the door for a minute or two. Just a short breather then I can jump right back into the chaos!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Gym with babysitting. Saved my life, seriously.
  • bahlena
    bahlena Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    brb2008 wrote: »
    Im not a mother, but I do spend my work days doing much the same as any SAHM, except the cleaning up is a part of it regardless of my energy levels haha.

I take care of twins who are a month shy of being 3. They can really take it out of me! Its not a physical tired feeling but an emotional one. Sometimes the only break I really need is just some quiet. Everything littles do is so loud and it really is fun in the moments but I live a quiet life on my own so I will steal a private bathroom break when I get overwhelmed by the energy of the room. Im an introvert too so that's about my only weakness as a child care provider. At a certain point Im all out of emotional energy so I turn the fan on in the bathroom and close the door for a minute or two. Just a short breather then I can jump right back into the chaos!

I'm an introvert too which is why I love running now. Seriously, I mostly run just to have some quiet time. I never stuck to it before because I would get bored but now it's like a vacation!!!
  • NicoleFray
    Options
    brb2008 wrote: »

That's how I am. Emotionally drained which makes me lazy. I rarely get time alone so when I do it's hard to get motivated. But I've been finding a groove finally!
  • NicoleFray
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Lmao. I would love that but I never end up sticking with it and just wasting money. I told myself if I stay with it I'll get a membership.
  • b3k4hblu3
    b3k4hblu3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SAHM of a 3yo boy! My husband works all day, most days so it is just me and my son most of the time. I end up staying up late (like now) and snacking, then getting lazy during the day because I was up late just to have some time to myself!! Ahhh, its a crazy cycle that I need to break. Working on trying to put myself first more often? It's usually my son first, husband second, and myself last. Add me, please! I have a lot of weight to lose. Would like a 100lb loss, starting at 227lbs and 5'4" 27years old.
  • catherinesamuell
    Options
    SAHM of a 3 year old! My fiancé works 3rd shift and sleeps most of the day so I have plenty of free time. I have a want to lose weight and be healthier, but I just have lack of knowledge, honestly! From eating clean to any workouts I can do at home. Im only wanting to lose about 20 lbs. I'm about 160 lbs and my goal is 140 lbs! :)
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    SAHM of three boys: 15. 8, 4. Some days i cant bring myself to leave the couch.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm a work-at-home mother of a 5 month old, but I'm a freelancer, so my workload varies. I don't have any major projects at the moment. Getting motivated is especially hard on days like today, when she kept me up all night.
  • princess55mfp
    princess55mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me please!! :)
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Add me. Stay at home mom of 3!
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Rawr1978 wrote: »
    SAHM of three boys: 15. 8, 4. Some days i cant bring myself to leave the couch.

15, 8, 3 here! Add me
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mother but I'm a stay at home wife on disability. I am supposed to take care of the house but I'm not the most motivated cleaner. I do exercise 6 days a week at home and have been losing very slowly. I want to have the energy to clean regularly, but after I work out I'm done. Feel free to add me.
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Yup love my gym with baby sitting. I have a five year old who is in morning kindergarten and a four and a half month old. I go to the gym in the morning. It's the only time all day that I don't have a baby attached to me plus I get to shower in peace! I'm in Canada and off work on maternity leave until August. Not sure if I'm going to go back to my job or not yet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    NicoleFray wrote: »

Lmao. I would love that but I never end up sticking with it and just wasting money. I told myself if I stay with it I'll get a membership.

Seriously, do it. Put on some headphones and listen to your music in PEACE while on the treadmill/rowing machine/whatever floats your boat. It's fantastic. After a day at home with the kids it's SO RELAXING. Plus it gives the kids a break and they get to socialize during school break.

Of course the first gym I joined when the kids were 2.5 was a disaster because the women who took care of it were NOT good with kids, so I couldn't stick to it (plus the babysitting area was the size of a closet, seriously), but the one I go to now is great.