Why I'm loosing weight so fast? !!!

Options
shiva96
shiva96 Posts: 16 Member
edited December 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
It's about 2 weeks I'm on a diet and I lost 3kg and specially my size has changed a lot .I want to know is it normal?!!!

Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It's normal for it to be faster in the beginning yes. You'll lose a bunch of water weight in addition to being in a calorie deficit.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Some people see a large loss at first.
    If you continue to see a large loss, reevaluate your current calorie goal. It may be too aggressive. Just track your losses and over time you'll see an average. I wouldn't fret right now though, because some see a big drop in water weight in the beginning. What's important though is that your eating enough, so just keep an eye on it and make sure your calories aren't too low.
  • shiva96
    Options
    U are right but I think changing size is not just because of losing water
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    shiva96 wrote: »

If you're changing clothes sizes in two weeks of dieting, then it's because of water weight almost entirely.

Either that, or you're starving yourself (in which case, there will still be a lot of water weight lost).

Sustained weight loss is slow and steady, that's what will win you the race in the end.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Not enough information to know really.

3kg is 6.6lb, which is faster than the 1-2lb/week recommendation for most people. If you are larger (say 150kg), then that much fat loss would be acceptable. However, 6.6lb in 2 weeks of a brand new diet isn't something to really be concerned about. If you switched from a very high sodium diet to a very low sodium diet the majority of that could easily be water weight and not actual fat loss. Both fat and water changes contribute to changes in size, so that is irrelevant.

If you plugged your stats into MFP and are eating what it recommends then you should only lose up to 2lb/week (or 1kg/week). If your weight loss normalizes to your goal over 4-8 weeks, then nothing to worry about. If the fast loss continues, then you should be eating more. If you need suggestions, open your diary and post more useful information (what you eat, your age, weight, height, etc...)
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Not enough details. Generally, though, a lot of people experience a quick drop in the first few weeks for a few reasons:

A. Initial strict adherence to tracking calories
    B. Initial strict adherence to staying at or under calorie goal
    C. Initial enthusiasm for exercise/activity
    D. Set the calorie goal too low, either intentionally or due to underestimating activity level.
    E. Water loss

The effect of E will diminish over time, while A,B,C,D are up to you to control and find a sustainable level.

When I first started in September I lost an average of 4 pounds a week for the first month at 1650 calories. There was only one day I missed my goal by more than 100 calories over or under. But, I was truly hungry all the time and it was clear I had underestimated my basic activity level. I adjusted my settings to result in what I calculated--based on my first month's experience--would be a 2 pounds loss with strict adherence. In practice, I've had a handful of days I've gone over my goal by more than 100 calories, but nowhere near what I would have done in the past, and have lost an average of 1.5 pounds a week in October-December.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dangerous to go under 1,000 calories a day.
    You are not giving details or opening your diary. Many 19 year olds will eat 500 calories a day and lose weight.
  • shiva96
    Options
    Not enough information to know really.

3kg is 6.6lb, which is faster than the 1-2lb/week recommendation for most people. If you are larger (say 150kg), then that much fat loss would be acceptable. However, 6.6lb in 2 weeks of a brand new diet isn't something to really be concerned about. If you switched from a very high sodium diet to a very low sodium diet the majority of that could easily be water weight and not actual fat loss. Both fat and water changes contribute to changes in size, so that is irrelevant.

If you plugged your stats into MFP and are eating what it recommends then you should only lose up to 2lb/week (or 1kg/week). If your weight loss normalizes to your goal over 4-8 weeks, then nothing to worry about. If the fast loss continues, then you should be eating more. If you need suggestions, open your diary and post more useful information (what you eat, your age, weight, height, etc...)

I chose 1kg in a week recommendation (1200kc) and I complete all of my informations but I dont know why i cant eat more than 800kc( it's about 4 days) because of that I'm losing weight very fast :((((
  • shiva96
    Options
    ultrahoon wrote: »

If you're changing clothes sizes in two weeks of dieting, then it's because of water weight almost entirely.

Either that, or you're starving yourself (in which case, there will still be a lot of water weight lost).

Sustained weight loss is slow and steady, that's what will win you the race in the end.

Tnx u very much
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Eating only 800 calories explains too rapid of a rate of loss.

How old are you? How tall? What do you currently weigh? What is your goal weight?
  • shiva96
    Options

How old are you? How tall? What do you currently weigh? What is your goal weight?

I'm 19,174cm,79kg my weight ,losing 20kg is my first goal
  • shiva96
    Options

Imagine from morning till now that is 21pm I just ate 1 fried egg and a little bread .I don't have appetite
  • brianpperkins
    Options

The lower end of a healthy BMI is your "first goal"? With 20kg (roughly 45 pounds) as your goal ... 1 kg per week might be a bit aggressive ... definitely will be as you start to lose.

Quite simply, if you are eating only 800 calories per day then you are eating too little for healthy weight loss. Continuing on that path will lead to the loss of lean body mass ... and perhaps more unhealthy consequences as you fail to provide yourself with a minimal level of nutrition.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Imagine from morning till now that is 21pm I just ate 1 fried egg and a little bread .I don't have appetite

That is far less than the 800 calories you previously claimed. See a doctor if that is a routine occurrence.
  • shiva96
    Options

The lower end of a healthy BMI is your "first goal"? With 20kg (roughly 45 pounds) as your goal ... 1 kg per week might be a bit aggressive ... definitely will be as you start to lose.

Quite simply, if you are eating only 800 calories per day then you are eating too little for healthy weight loss. Continuing on that path will lead to the loss of lean body mass ... and perhaps more unhealthy consequences as you fail to provide yourself with a minimal level of nutrition.

U are right ,but I'm crazy about eating but I don't have appetite about 4 days , should i eat obligatory ?but i cant eat obligatory because when I want to eat I feel vomiting :'( I don't know what happened for me
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

If you continue to eat so little you are risking losing bone density, teeth, hair and your nails become brittle and snap all the time.

Start to eat the calories MFP set for you, that way you will lose the weight in a healthy, sustainable way.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options

U are right ,but I'm crazy about eating but I don't have appetite about 4 days , should i eat obligatory ?but i cant eat obligatory because when I want to eat I feel vomiting :'(I don't know what happened for me

And this is why you need to go see a doctor.
  • shiva96
    Options

If you continue to eat so little you are risking losing bone density, teeth, hair and your nails become brittle and snap all the time.

Start to eat the calories MFP set for you, that way you will lose the weight in a healthy, sustainable way.

Tnx u ,ok I will try to eat more:)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Tnx u ,ok I will try to eat more:)

Don't try. Do. You are seriously risking your health. If you can't or won't eat more then you may need to seek out professional help.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • shiva96
    Options

U are right ,but I'm crazy about eating but I don't have appetite about 4 days , should i eat obligatory ?but i cant eat obligatory because when I want to eat I feel vomiting :'(I don't know what happened for me

And this is why you need to go see a
    Oh I will wait 2 days if I didn't change I would go and see a doctor : (((((