Determined to lose this weight and need some motivation from new friends on MFP

Options
Good morning everyone. I've been struggling with my weight for years. On 12/17 I decided to do something about it. I've tried before but stopped. When I weighed myself and saw 288 I cried. I couldn't believe that I let myself get to this point. This time I vowed to myself not to stop. Instead of looking at it as a chore I now view my journey as a lifestyle change. I have lost four pounds in under two weeks. I do Insanity in the morning and I work out in the gym at my job during my 30 minute lunch and for an hour after work. If you don't mind please tell me a little about your journey and please add me as a friend.

Replies

• k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss! I've stopped trying to analyse how I got to this point...and like you just want to reverse the process and be healthy and fit. I bought the Fitbit Charger HR and Aria scales today, which I'm hoping will make a difference. Add me and good luck
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    k_wills wrote: »
    Well done on the weight loss! I've stopped trying to analyse how I got to this point...and like you just want to reverse the process and be healthy and fit. I bought the Fitbit Charger HR and Aria scales today, which I'm hoping will make a difference. Add me and good luck

I have the withings scale and love it. It was hard to justify spending over a hundred bucks on a scale but I'm so glad I did.

Anyone who's committed to doing better for themselves can add me. I look forward to friending you all.
  • PISCESMOMMY1987
    PISCESMOMMY1987 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    k_wills wrote: »

I hear a lot of talk about Fit Bit. I probably will look into it. Good luck to you as well.
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Stephanie, 47 and very happily married with two kiddos.
    I am not a dieter, but started watching my Steps with the Pacer app exactly eight weeks ago, and I am hooked. :)
    I started keeping track of my calories with MFP a few weeks ago, and now I am dedicated -dedicated!, I tell you!!- to two hours of walking/aerobics per day. A few days ago I bought (Christmas) myself the Fitbit Charge HR, to keep track of my fat burning, aerobic, and anaerobic zones.
    I am determined!
    I'd love to have you in my friends circle! :)
    Oh-- I have about 70 pounds that I'd like to lose!
    -Stephanie
  • PISCESMOMMY1987
    PISCESMOMMY1987 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Stephanie, 47 and very happily married with two kiddos.
    I am not a dieter, but started watching my Steps with the Pacer app exactly eight weeks ago, and I am hooked. :)
    I started keeping track of my calories with MFP a few weeks ago, and now I am dedicated -dedicated!, I tell you!!- to two hours of walking/aerobics per day. A few days ago I bought (Christmas) myself the Fitbit Charge HR, to keep track of my fat burning, aerobic, and anaerobic zones.
    I am determined!
    I'd love to have you in my friends circle! :)
    Oh-- I have about 70 pounds that I'd like to lose!
    -Stephanie

Congrats Stephanie. I have over 100 pounds to lose but taking it one step at a time. We can do this