Lunch dilemma

Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
So, I made some awesome panko baked chicken breasts last night and had enough leftovers to bring to work! Lo and behold, they gave my husband and I food poisoning. Okay at home, NOT okay at work!
I'm LITERALLY surrounded by a jack in the box, a Mcdonalds and a Bill Miller. Everywhere else is pretty far a drive for just a lunch break.

What should I do? :(

Replies

• amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    A lot of people in my office bring frozen meals such as Lean Cuisines and they just sit in there. Ask a coworker if you can have one and pay her for it or reimburse the meal. Do you have any subway restaurants?
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Fast food restaurants are fine as long as you are smart about your choices.
  • Nermal162
    Nermal162 Posts: 1 Member
    everything is fine in moderation....so today you have a cheeseburger and a side salad for lunch from Mcdonalds....tomorrow pack a healthier lunch.
    Even fast food Joints have a mid line healthier option as long as you arent eating that everyday you will be just fine
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Hit the McD's, and order a grilled chicken breast sandwich, without dressing or mayo, and a side salad with a low-fat dressing. Even a small hambuger with a side salad won't blow the diet out of the water. If you get a drink get a diet soda, or a low-fat milk, though water might be a better choice.

Avoid the cheese, the huge burgers, the fries, and the goopy, fat-filled dressings.

I personally thing the grilled chicken with a bit of tomato and lettuce isn't bad, for McD's, but a bit salty.

Hope you feel better !
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    drive to a local gas station, rite aid, etc. they usually have some frozen dinners you can choose from as well as some fruit dishes (like dole fruit cups etc) and granola bars....
  • lacybolton
    lacybolton Posts: 17
    If your only option is fast food, try a grilled chicken salad with a low fat dressing.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Sigh. I guess it looks like I'm gonna have to moderate today. I NEVER go out to eat on my lunches! I always bring leftovers or make something in the morning! Today's gonna be so weird. :(
    Stupid rancid chicken!! D<
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    I would say just eat the fast food (but be smart about your choices - no large fries or anything like that :wink: ) but I would make sure to drink a LOT of extra water through the afternoon to help flush out the extra sodium that will be in the lunch.
  • brpalermo
    brpalermo Posts: 2
    McDonald's can be okay if you get the right things. Just check out some of the choices that are in the food database and see how they can fit into your diary today. I'm not familiar with the other restaurants, but I'm sure there's something. You should never go hungry though! Hunger can lead to worse mess-ups than a plain burger from McDonald's.

Bri
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    get a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich
This discussion has been closed.