New Years Resolution buddies

Options
Looking to start the new year right. Need some mates to buddy up with to keep the resolutions alive. Anyone wanna buddy up?

Replies

• pfly2929
    pfly2929 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Marc, I'm here to lose some serious weight next year. My husband and I started today to take the pressure off the 1st. What do you think of this strategy?
  • MarcGilbertson
    MarcGilbertson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    pfly2929 wrote: »
    Hey Marc, I'm here to lose some serious weight next year. My husband and I started today to take the pressure off the 1st. What do you think of this strategy?

Sounds perfect. I plan to lose at least 50 this year. I lost about 30 this year, but I'm gonna kick it into high gear, come the 1st. Having someone to do it with is always better.
  • MarcGilbertson
    Options

There is an app or device, can't remember which, but you can actually challenge each other. It then becomes a game of sorts.
  • pfly2929
    pfly2929 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    that's sounds right up my alley. I like to complete if you find the app I'd be in
  • MarcGilbertson
    Options
    that's sounds right up my alley. I like to complete if you find the app I'd be in

There is an app called Edmondo which allows you to challenge each other. I'm not familiar with it, but if you want a buddy and challenge each other, i'm in.
  • alexanderaravanis
    Options
    I'd do it.
  • MarcGilbertson
    Options
    I'd do it.

Edmondo? Fitnesspal? what kind of buddy do you want to be?
  • littlesewflake
    littlesewflake Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded edmondo please add me or let me know if we can set up a challenge through there or here?
  • jackietvick
    jackietvick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really needing to lose weight,
  • MarcGilbertson
    Options
    I just downloaded edmondo please add me or let me know if we can set up a challenge through there or here?

What is your endomndo username? I'll send us a challenge, and we can see how it works.
  • brunnerlc12
    brunnerlc12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in! After a massive weight gain at the end of 14, and being slack about it all of 15, 2016 is the year thee 30 lbs go!!! I need someone to hold me accountable.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Looking for new active friends who are looking to kick butt in 2016! If that's you, then send a FR and we can do this together. I'm looking at shifting some timber and also training for my races that I've planned for the year. Which includes 3 Half-Marathons within the space of 4 weeks!
  • littlesewflake
    Options

What is your endomndo username? I'll send us a challenge, and we can see how it works.

I looked for a user name, didn't really see it in my profile or settings. My name is Lisa, which is on the profile page and my email is littlesewflake@gmail.com. Maybe you can find it that way. Look forward to it. I am a fairly competitive person and that is very motivating to me. I am also struggling with finishing chemo/radiation and need the mental focus and support of a friend. Hoping to hear from you Marc and anyone else who has this.
  • littlesewflake
    Options
    Looking for new active friends who are looking to kick butt in 2016! If that's you, then send a FR and we can do this together. I'm looking at shifting some timber and also training for my races that I've planned for the year. Which includes 3 Half-Marathons within the space of 4 weeks!

wow Simon, that is incredibly inspiring and impressive. I would send you a friend request... but.... not sure I will be very encouraging to you as my journey is so very different than yours. But I am proud of your focus! Hoping you have a great new year.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa, whilst I won't be getting involved in these challenges I'm going to send your a FR anyway. Whilst we may have different journeys / goals it's always great to have support individuals.
  • Vossii
    Vossii Posts: 45 Member
    Options

My husband and I started the day after Christmas so it wouldn't be the cliché New Years resolution. We are actually doing weekly weight ins and the person who loses the most each week gets something.

I could use more friends on here. Feel free to add me :)