Don't want to be the "Big Girl" anymore - 100+ pounds to shed

Options

Replies

• mnlena2015
    mnlena2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose, please feel free to add me!
  • a_new_life_2016
    a_new_life_2016 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 150lbs. Argh that looks as bad as it feels...... I'm happy to be anyone's support and friend on here x
  • deniseteas
    deniseteas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    dvankuiken wrote: »
    I've been "the big girl" my whole life. I embraced and accepted it - until today.
    I stepped on the scale and it creaked and groaned before telling me the bad news: 343 pounds. And my dad asked if I broke the scale. Ouch.
    But today I woke up with determination. The same determination I had in college when I lost 75 pounds my freshman year. I can do this - but I need help. I can commit to MFP. I can commit to being a good encourager on here - but I need friends to go on this journey with me. Whether you need to lose 150 pounds or 75 or 10.
    dvankuiken wrote: »
    I've been "the big girl" my whole life. I embraced and accepted it - until today.
    I stepped on the scale and it creaked and groaned before telling me the bad news: 343 pounds. And my dad asked if I broke the scale. Ouch.
    But today I woke up with determination. The same determination I had in college when I lost 75 pounds my freshman year. I can do this - but I need help. I can commit to MFP. I can commit to being a good encourager on here - but I need friends to go on this journey with me. Whether you need to lose 150 pounds or 75 or 10.

• deniseteas
    deniseteas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I've lost 90 so far and have 45 more to go. The struggle is real but so exciting when you see changes
  • just_silk
    just_silk Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Just starting out today too. It's been a strange and tough year. Planning on changing all of that but would love to have some support and support others on their journey too.
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have lost over 50lb and have another 19lb to go xxx

• mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    feel free to add me... I have lost about 40 pounds and still have about 91 pounds to lose still to get to my goal weight of 165... we can all do this together!!
  • abbigaler
    abbigaler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm new on here just started today :) I'm 195 pounds and my goal weight is 145. I would love to go on this jurney with everyone.
  • phedrick2015
    phedrick2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me if you'd like. :)
    Not my first time on MFP but my first time losing my post pregnancy weight. :)
  • hbarber85
    hbarber85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been around the block for quite a while with my nonstop yo-yo success/setback. I have 100 lbs to lose and would love all the friends I can get for support, motivation, and a shoulder to lean on!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Please friend me. I would LOVE to "walk" this journey with you. This community is the only thing that keeps me going towards my weight loss goals
  • Lisateach75
    Lisateach75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me. I need to lose 100 pounds. But I have set my goal at 50 pounds. Baby Steps....
  • firstgradefarr
    firstgradefarr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm a 2nd grade teacher needing be to lose at 150 so I can have a knee replacement surgery for arthritic knees. I have to.
  • juleelee
    juleelee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started a year ago with almost 100 to lose...and now have around 25 to go. Add me if you want. The more the merrier!!
  • homecraftedmom
    homecraftedmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I relate to your share. I am currently at 324, down from somewhere around 342. I would have to look back to see. I joined the gym just before thanksgiving, invested in a trainer despite our financial problems, after realizing if I knew how to lose weight I already would have. I am starting MFP today, per my trainers request. I would love to walk this journey with you. :D
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Started this journey a couple of months ago. It's been a rollercoaster with lots of highs and lows. It not just about losing weight but regaining who I AM, feeling comfortable, not being ashamed and embarrassed and also being HEALTHY.
    Going shopping for clothes in a nightmare, my wardrobe is full of black gloomy clothes.... And I haven't had a family photo for over 9 years.
    My current goal is to be able to play with my children without getting out of breath within minutes.
    Feel free to add me
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    100 pounds might seem impossible but it really isn't if you take it one day and one pound at a time. I'm 74 pounds and a third attempt into the 100 I started out wanting to lose. You will get there too.
  • brown_eyed_girl13
    brown_eyed_girl13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm at my heaviest ever in my life. I'm looking to lose 140 lbs. we can all help and motivate each other. My diary is open to friends.
  • ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, great thread, I definitely have a chunk+ to lose (over 100). Would love to do it with company!
  • khawver1
    khawver1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've got 100 lbs still to lose, would love to have some more friends on this journey. :)