Starting C25K TODAY!

Options

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Wk4 day 3 repeated today. Repeated just because it might be a few days before I can get back into it and wanted a solid base.

Going slow is definitely helping. Good luck everyone else!!!
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    @eGrace777 that's great! Yeah, it is so hard to keep a routine during the holidays. I feel the same way. I completed Week 3 Day 1 Tuesday, just forgot to post, and plan on completing W3 Day 2 today - hopefully!

@girlinahat I know what you mean! I had to drop my recovery speed because I kept getting splints in my left leg - which sucks :(

Happy holidays to everyone!
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    exercise.png
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 completed :p 2 miles done
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is it ok if I join in? I just finished w1d3 today and am really proud of myself for getting back running after 3 years off.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I did W2D2 today, with intervals of regular walking and fast walking. Someday I'll start over with fast walk/jog. For now, I'm really pleased with myself.
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    @Marikanna that's awesome! How did it feel to run again? At the beginning of my run it is a struggle to keep going, but half way through I feel like I can run forever ;)

@64crayons interesting username! Everyone has to start somewhere; what matters is that you started :)

I am resting today - did W3D3 yesterday with SL 5x5. My quads and hammies are sore! Excited for Week 4 :#
  • Puckerup_Buttercup
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm starting the program this morning. I have NEVER been a runner, but I have always wanted to participate in a marathon.

Good luck everyone!
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    @Puckerup_Buttercup good luck! If you stick with running, maybe one day you will be able to complete a marathon :#
  • Marikanna
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome and glad to see everyone. The support is great!
    I do barbells and bodyweight exercises on my alternate to running days. Just started doing weights about 3 weeks ago. I'm a newbie so that's plenty hard for me now.
    I managed to get my exercises fine today even though we are visiting the in-laws and I had to make three trips to the store. I kept doing then in between trips. Not ideal, but accomplished!

Tomorrow is W2D1 for me. I jog REALLY slow but it feels good. I know I'll get there.

I'm looking forward to everyone's progress.
  • reynarl25
    reynarl25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I did C25K and ran my first 5k in October, in 33 minutes. Now my goal is to get under 30. Your first 5k will be the most amazing feeling! !
  • kynurse83
    kynurse83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey MFPals!

I plan on starting the C25K program today and wanted to see if anyone else is on board. If so, feel free to add me :smile: I have signed up for a 5K in mid-February and would love for my time to be 33 minutes or under!

Treadmill Version: http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

d4ab1bb8dc8cfac03d63463a5684e804.jpg

running-inspiration-have-only-today-let-us-begin.jpg

• kynurse83
    kynurse83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wonderful I did few weeks of it stopped plan this week to restart. Good luck
  • Puckerup_Buttercup
    Options
    @Puckerup_Buttercup good luck! If you stick with running, maybe one day you will be able to complete a marathon :#

Thank you!!! @summerdaze120
  • Marikanna
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? I might have to take a rest day even though I was planning to run (jog). I pulled a muscle in my foot! Weird. I'll see how I feel tonight after my 6 hour car ride home from the in-laws.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Good to see everyone doing so well. I did the first week of week five today and eeeek!!! Three sets of FIVE minutes interspersed by three minute walking.

But you know what, I DID IT!!! Okay at a slow pace, but I did it. Think this week of the programme will be tough but I have the whole week off work so it's something to aim for.
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    @Marikanna I hope your foot is feeling better! One of my biggest struggles when I first started C25K was listening to my body and taking it easy when I needed too.

@girlinahat congrats! That is freaking awesome :p

Week 4 of C25K starts for me tomorrow. I did a timed mile today and hit my goal of 10:05 :D When I first started back in Oct. I could only run a mile in 13:00 something, so I am really proud of myself :p
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started C25K tonight- looking for buddies, add me! :smiley:
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh and questions- do you run everyday? Every other day?... Do you do other workouts in between?

Advice is welcome! :)

Bobo
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    @thebobo6740 awesome! I truly enjoy running every time I do it. I feel strong. Powerful. Alive.

I hit my core (ab exercises) daily. I run Tuesdays - Thursdays - Saturdays. After my runs I try and hit the Stair Master for 10 minutes with interval training and the leg machines at the gym (leg press/abductor/adductor/extension/curl). On my non-running days I weight lifting (Strong lifts 5x5) Monday - Wednesday - Friday. My rest day are Sundays :smile: On my lifting days I usually walk/job for a half a mile as a warm-up, but that's it. I try to also go to some classes during the week if my work schedule allows it (Zumba & Spin).