Don't want to be the "Big Girl" anymore - 100+ pounds to shed

Options

Replies

• ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    katoliroo wrote: »
    Not sure how to add but feel free to add me. I have hundreds of pounds to lose... its too big a goal at present. I.m starting with a stone to give me the achievable kick! Really need encouraged so happy to motivate back!

How much is a stone? What kind of diet are you on? Thanks :)

• afreeman1956
    afreeman1956 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off My Fitness Pal for at least 3 years. I know it works as it has for me. I know one of my main issues is I "enjoy" snacking. Breakfast, lunch and/or dinner foods are not my enemy, dessert is! Carrots will never take the place of cheetos and icecream and fresh baked cookies:) I would like to start out with a 50 pound weight loss goal and take it from there. I've never agreed with what the "charts" show. Thanks for any and all suggestions and support.
  • suelouise1
    suelouise1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I have gained a lot of weight the past few years as I have gone through a lot of stressful events and I have not learned how to deal with stress without overeating. I have always struggled with keeping my weight at goal, but now am the heaviest I have every been and feel unhealthy. I have close to 100 pounds to lose and would love the support and encouragement of others and I would hope that I could offer the same.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well! I am always looking for great people to motivate and be motivated by!
  • chardh
    chardh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me I am down 18 of 120 and very determined, I log in daily and try to comment and encourage when I can. You all can do it!
  • GelasiaT
    GelasiaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Right there with you all. I've been on MFP over 2 years now, but didn't become really dedicated until August. Since then I've logged everyday. I'm coming up on four months in and down 25 lbs. Was hoping for more, but I'm satisfied with what I've accomplished so far and the most amazing of that is the stamina to keep going even when I fall down (and yes I fall down often). Anyone feel free to add me, I'm dedicated to achieving and maintaining my goals.
  • Natalie201911
    Natalie201911 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm new to this and also looking for some friendship group support! A happy new year means a healthier and happier new me I hope!
  • Abdul0125
    Abdul0125 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! I'm with you. :)
  • oremgirl1
    oremgirl1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over 100 pounds myself. I had my own "come to Jesus" with the scale this week. I hadn't been on one for months but have felt lousy for quite some time. Needless to say it wasn't what I wanted to see. Made the choice right then and there to do something about it. I need to take back my health. Would love the support and friendship from those dealing with the same thing.
  • MODIEG6
    MODIEG6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok finally ready to start this journey. I need to lose 125lbs. My knees, back feel it the most. Goal is to log in MFP daily with meal, water, and movement tracking. Will support and need support in this journey. Here it goes to health
  • ivy6154
    edited December 2015
    Options
    1st day-ok so far I have not gone over daily calorie allotment for losing 2lbs a week and I exercised by walking 15 mins. Of course the night is young :(
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I've 80+ to loose myself
  • MrsHossYo
    MrsHossYo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone on here serious about losing weight, should add me as well! I have tried and failed, but I am ready to succeed! I need to lose 150+ pounds.
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love to be your friend. 100+ lbs to lose and I've started MFP this summer. I've been slacking during the holidays but 2016 is looking around the corner and I've decided that 2016 will be MY YEAR lol. I'll send you a friend request so feel free to add me.
  • alphastarz
    alphastarz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have an open diary. I'm almost 50 pounds down of what needs to be a 100 to 120 pound total loss. I'm in this too for the long haul, it's got to be a life style change. I know it feels overwhelming at first but we can do this together!
  • annie_37
    annie_37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've got over 100 to lose.
  • ivy6154
    Options
    dvankuiken wrote: »
    I've been "the big girl" my whole life. I embraced and accepted it - until today.
    I stepped on the scale and it creaked and groaned before telling me the bad news: 343 pounds. And my dad asked if I broke the scale. Ouch.
    But today I woke up with determination. The same determination I had in college when I lost 75 pounds my freshman year. I can do this - but I need help. I can commit to MFP. I can commit to being a good encourager on here - but I need friends to go on this journey with me. Whether you need to lose 150 pounds or 75 or 10.

How are you today??? Are you counting calories or on another kind of diet?? The last diet I was on was weight watchers. I found that diet made me nervious, "points" made me nervious. I did lose on weight watchers but I wasn't very happy..not sure why :| Currently just using the calorie counter to see how out of whack I am calorie wise and no wonder I have gained so much, lots of calories and very little activity..this has to change!

• ZooRN
    ZooRN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Points didn't work for me - I just figured out how many points where in the junk I liked. I had a friend that slowly transitioned to "real" foods, which is what I'm trying to do - no processed stuff. I'm tracking to see totals and trends but more just to be accountable. I find eating fruit - after a few days with no sugars that grapes and apples are really sweet. Also it's probably in my head though
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You got this. Long steady journey for sure. Can't wait to see your progress!
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every one feel free to add me i need to lose 100lbs to be bk to my pre