Reaching out, looking for similar friends

Options
maryssecondtry
maryssecondtry Posts: 8 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Good morning! I am serious about my weight loss now after months of being wishy-washy. Part of my plan this time is to reach out and be held accountable, and to help others do the same, so I'm looking for new friends! My quick story: When I got married in 2011 I was my heaviest at 200+ pounds. I lost 40 pounds the year after that and have been up and down since then. I want to get serious about it again! I am currently 175 lbs at 5'3 and not too happy about it.

My goal is to lose about 40 pounds by my birthday in August. That's about 1.25 lbs a week. I'd like to meet people who have similar goals and stats, and lifestyles (26 years old, teacher). I like running and lifting weights and may try to get into new fitness stuff this year. Let's make 2016 the year!

Replies

• wrestler813
    wrestler813 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a wrestler so I am use to following nutrition plans and putting in hard work to lose crazy weight. I would like to make more friends on here to share my fitness with
  • maryssecondtry
    Options
    Hi to both of you! Thanks for replying. I don't use facebook, though.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :) I am 27, still have a lot to lose, I run and bike and walk, and I am trying to add some strength training. I am also decided to make 2016 my year :) you can add me, I try to be as supportive as I can x
  • maryssecondtry
    Options
    Awesome, hi everyone!
  • James00020
    James00020 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 32lb so feel free to add me also
  • flowergirl2607
    flowergirl2607 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have been up and down with my weight and am at the heavier side now, feeling it. I want to start walking and eating better. Would love to have a group that is working on the same goal. I watched to lose 40 to 50 lbs this year. It's such a struggle but I have to make so.e changes!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I work full-time and also enjoy running. I was over 200lbs not too long ago, and have lost 43lbs so far (also 5'3"). Feel free to add me - I'm on here daily. :)
  • lore622
    lore622 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend
  • 1155fitnesspal
    1155fitnesspal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I am with you. I am a paramedic and sit way too much at work in between calls. While I am out helping others I noticed how very tight my uniform is...I am there to support you!!! I get it. It's all about the health.
  • hellybelle1
    hellybelle1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I'll be starting again after being on and off!!
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add me if u like