Signs you've been lazy

Options
For the past several years, I've been taking my dog on long walks and runs. The concrete wears down her nails, so I never have to clip any except her dews.

This month, I noticed that I will need to clip the nails on her front paws. I gave up running after getting heat stroke twice this summer, and I couldn't bring myself to exchange it for walking more. I tried kickboxing, which I LOVED but my work schedule was too unstable for me to go regularly. I took up yoga again, which I really enjoy, but it's not as good a calorie-burning workout for me.

Need to be less lazy! I'm not going to get heat stroke in the Northeast in December!!!

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of excuses. You need to drink more in the heat.

Get back out there and get MOVING! :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key. If it's hot, drink more and dress accordingly. But don't stop!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The dog still needs walks
    You can also exercise indoors
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I always run before the sun comes up during the week or at dawn on the weekends. I know it won't help the dog but when it gets really hot with high humidity in the summer I get on a bicycle and ride. Still a good workout but the added breeze combined with the ability to carry cool water helps keep me going.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I understand. Since it's been cold in Colorado I've been awful about walking my doggy. But I made a promise to him any day that it's over 30 ill take him for a walk.
  • KaiUneeda
    KaiUneeda Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Please tell me the doggy responded, because that would be awesome.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Doggy tells him it's over 30 ;-)