Elliptical, anything Shaun T, dancing.
  • mcguvs
    mcguvs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stair stepper & Elliptical
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Arc Trainer, walking, elliptical and stationary bike in that order. Arc burns most calories :)
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Zumba, Dancing, Circuit training
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Running, walking, and elliptical
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    dljones67 wrote: »
    Arc Trainer, walking, elliptical and stationary bike in that order. Arc burns most calories :)

I've never tried the arc trainer but I always see people on them at the gym. Does it feel similar to an elliptical? I'm always nervous to step onto something new!

My favorite is the stairclimber! I sweat buckets and it feels awesome!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    not a big fan of cardio but if pushed it's walking, swimming or dancing.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    As little as possible. At the moment all I do is three 10-minute HIIT sessions a week. And that's enough for me. If I never step on a cardio machine ever again, it'll be too soon.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Running if I had to choose but my primary cardio lately is walking over to my weight bench. :D
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I've never tried the arc trainer but I always see people on them at the gym. Does it feel similar to an elliptical? I'm always nervous to step onto something new!

It's different from the elliptical in that you don't move your arms (I have seen some with the handles though) and I feel more concentration in my glutes and hamstrings than on elliptical; which is where I need the extra work ;) I burn more calories too. i always enter my weight on all cardio machines and know that none are completely accurate. I really push myself too, my HR is in the 160's-170's and am soaked when done lol. I see others not working out as hard but, I'm there to work not look cute. I'll look cute later lol

• blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Cycling, Swimming
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I guess I'd have to say kickboxing aerobics type stuff
  • 7books
    7books Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I prefer jogging, although I didn't used to. Now it's my go to workout.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine, aqua fit, belly dancing, aerobics, Zumba, swimming.
    I switch it up every few months to keep me interested- exercise does not come naturally to me.

Cheers, h.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    As off now, it's riding my bike leisurely with my DD and kickboxing (on a bag). I can do just about anything, but with the exception of walking and dancing and the above mentioned, the rest (running, elliptical, etc.)
    isn't cardio I enjoy. Lol, I'd rather rerack weights in the gym than do those.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • _calmjam
    _calmjam Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My favourite is cross country skiing, but I almost never do it, so I'd have to say going on the elliptical at the gym - it's a sweaty workout and good for my arms too. I also enjoy swimming and would love to own a pool!!!
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options

It's different from the elliptical in that you don't move your arms (I have seen some with the handles though) and I feel more concentration in my glutes and hamstrings than on elliptical; which is where I need the extra work ;) I burn more calories too. i always enter my weight on all cardio machines and know that none are completely accurate. I really push myself too, my HR is in the 160's-170's and am soaked when done lol. I see others not working out as hard but, I'm there to work not look cute. I'll look cute later lol

I tried the Arc Trainer this morning! Wowza! It was great but definitely different. I felt more in my abs(for whatever reason) and glutes. Awesome!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Running.

I also like swimming, walking, and cycling (at a pretty calm pace, on cycle paths - cars and steep hills make me nervous!).
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hiking is easily my favorite exercise. Most weekends we do a 10-15 mile day hike, or an overnight backpacking trip if we can get away.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Running and Fitness Blender at the moment. Also dip into Insanity and T25. I'm one of those weirdos that likes cardio, especially if mixed with resistance work. I like to be sweaty, out of breath and wobbly muscled.