Upset at family photos.

Options
2»

Replies

• svts123
    svts123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and am around 120 pounds. I have a large bone structure and am a naturally more muscular build, so my goal is to be around 115 - while I've never been lower, I'm fairly sure I'd look quite ill by 110. Bone structure and natural build has a lot to answer for and it's taken me ages to realise this!
  • PegMoffat
    PegMoffat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on recognizing what is important. It looks like you are on the right track and will be looking fit and healthy before you know it.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Do what feels best for you, everyone carries their weight differently. When I am at my target weight, my upper body tends to look thin BUT in the tummy area, not so much. 112 is still a great weight for your height.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    what if you went with the goal of 110 and then maintain at five pounds on either side of that? so your range would be from 105 to 115. the ideal would be 110, but you would not need to get stressed out if you were a pound or two on either side. then before the holidiays in future you could try to get to the low end of the range, so a bit of gain wouldn't take you over. i am not in maintenance yet, but this is what i am thinking of doing. i also agree with what others have said. go with the weight that feels best for you.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Everyone is built differently. Aim for weight that makes you feel good. Also don't be too focused on BMI. BMI should only be used in the begginings when you need weight to lose because you are overweight or obese. When you're in the normal range it would be more helpful to look at muscle to fat ratio. I don't have too many information but from what I've read I think your problem is not weight specifically but bulking up a bit, which you can do with weight exercises. So I would say don't focus on just gaining more weight, focus on developing your muscles, and a bit of extra muscle weight will come with it. Good luck!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    According to BMI I should be ok at 120ish, but if I go below 135 I look half dead. Just goes to show those BMI charts are VERY general and we should go for what is best for us individuals
  • 40mpw
    40mpw Posts: 75 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    About 10 years ago I dieted myself down to a BMI of 21. I wasn't crazy about the way I looked -- it's just a personal preference to look a little softer.