protein

Options
Hi, just starting and need to up my protein. Any ideas for breakfast foods that are high in protein besides eggs?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon, grilled chicken, protein powder smoothie
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Do you dislike eggs or have you just heard bad things about them? If you like them, there's not much better sources of protein.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Meat
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Glass of 1% milk has about 8 grams of protein. Easy to drink.
    Add that to a good quality fiber cereal which might have some protein also. Even sprinkle some flax meal on top for even more protein.
  • kelsiewinn
    kelsiewinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can only have 25 percent of my day devoted to carbs. I like eggs by have a feeling it will get old after a while and don't want to use all my carbs in the morning. Yogurt is on my list just thought I would see if anyone has found something creative.
  • kelsiewinn
    Options
    Guess I have to get used to more protein in my diet. I had no idea till now the percentage of crabs I was eating in different forms
  • kelsiewinn
    Options
    Smoking some salmon as we speak for snacks but haven't thought about it for breakfast. Thx need to exercise and jugger
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Bacon, Cheese.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Cottage cheese, overnight oats with protein powder and Greek yogurt, scrambled egg with chicken and spinach add egg whites for even more protein, greek yogurt, regular yogurt, bacon, chicken, fish, milk...breakfast is any food you eat in the morning.

My favorite breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs, with some tomato, cheese and avocado with a piece of wasa bread. Sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt and pepper. So good! Around 20 grams of protein, healthy fat, low carb, low calorie and a nice crunch. Man I need to go shopping I am out of all those things.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    BACON!
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    kelsiewinn wrote: »
    I can only have 25 percent of my day devoted to carbs. I like eggs by have a feeling it will get old after a while and don't want to use all my carbs in the morning. Yogurt is on my list just thought I would see if anyone has found something creative.

Usually when people go low carb, it's the fat they increase, not protein.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Have dinner =P I've eaten chicken and green beans for breakfast. Personally I love eggs, however I eat a lot of cheerios because cereal is quiet and I am in the kitchen at 4 am while everyone else is sleeping.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    Have dinner =P I've eaten chicken and green beans for breakfast. Personally I love eggs, however I eat a lot of cheerios because cereal is quiet and I am in the kitchen at 4 am while everyone else is sleeping.

Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, stir them up, 45 seconds in the microwave. Scrambled eggs, done.
  • yepitsmiss
    yepitsmiss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Herbalife F1 cookies n cream!!!!! OMG it feels like im cheating its so yummy