Looking for those who want to talk fitness and nutrition

Options
Hey guys I'm a 18 year old wrestler. It's my senior year in high school. I am wrestling 147 and 152 weight classes. Currently I'm at 8-9 body fat % I love lifting and eating right. I'm a funny and little bit of a wild person but follow and friend me and join me in my journey and if you have any questions on nutrition and workouts I would to help the best I can :) !!!

Replies

• Kyle9300
    Kyle9300 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's up! You seem like you know what you're talking about, and I need some help getting myself going!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I'll bite. So if you're over in weight by say 7lbs, what is your regimen to ensure you make weight if you had say a couple of weeks to do it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • alex_ventura97
    alex_ventura97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here for the same
  • wrestler813
    wrestler813 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff when it comes to losing weight quickly there is two ways of doing it. I have done it both ways. The right way and the wrong way. The wrong way is simple but only effective if you trying to make weight for an event such as a computing or a tournament. Pretty much in the wrong I do most my calorie burning work out in the pm and it hiit cardio and then pretty much drink 1 lbs of water every day for 1 week out of event. Then i would scale all my food done to 1 egg, 1 can of tuna , 1 salad, 1 protein bar , 1 bagel
  • wrestler813
    Options
    The right way would be to figure out your Macros which this app does well. Then from there follow your macros by eating clean foods I had tons of team mate who would follow there macros but be filling their body with ice cream pop tarts and garbage like that. So make it a lot healthier on your body and ease if to burn calories eat whole food like potatoes for carbs or rice, chicken and turkey for lean protein, then fruit on moderation for vitamins. After u planned u meal plan u need to mostly then focus on your cardio and water intake. To lose the cardio I say do hiit cardio once everyday and then do a long distance cardio every other day like jog 5-10, bike 10-15 or even swim or hike for a good distance. Then when it comes to water consumption I would drop intake down a 3 days prior to meet. From a gallon a day to 2-3 bottles a day and then personally to cut the last 2-3 lbs a day before I would not eat or drink the night the night before after pm cardio and then I would eat Breakfast after weigh In and water but my breakfast would be 30% protein 70%carbs just the higher carb to start refueling the body and prepping for the event.
  • pafumt
    pafumt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am looking to cut my body fat in my mid section. I have been lifting hard on and off for about 3 years. I started with a body weight of 140 and now weigh 158. My challenge is to reduce my 23% body fat around my abs. Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • wrestler813
    Options
    Well @pafumt to lose that mid section fat it going to come to cardio and nutrition. What I did when I first started which gave me the cnfindance boost to walk around without a shirt is lowering your carb intake and increasing protein this is just something to try for like a month at most then from there it my advice is to figure at your macros and not only lift but start throwing in cardio to burn more calories then you intake
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The right way would be to figure out your Macros which this app does well. Then from there follow your macros by eating clean foods I had tons of team mate who would follow there macros but be filling their body with ice cream pop tarts and garbage like that. So make it a lot healthier on your body and ease if to burn calories eat whole food like potatoes for carbs or rice, chicken and turkey for lean protein, then fruit on moderation for vitamins. After u planned u meal plan u need to mostly then focus on your cardio and water intake. To lose the cardio I say do hiit cardio once everyday and then do a long distance cardio every other day like jog 5-10, bike 10-15 or even swim or hike for a good distance. Then when it comes to water consumption I would drop intake down a 3 days prior to meet. From a gallon a day to 2-3 bottles a day and then personally to cut the last 2-3 lbs a day before I would not eat or drink the night the night before after pm cardio and then I would eat Breakfast after weigh In and water but my breakfast would be 30% protein 70%carbs just the higher carb to start refueling the body and prepping for the event.
    Not unsafe, however there should be attention payed to MICRONUTRIENTS. Water retention (which is going to be most of the weight) will be affected by sodium. So eating "clean" yet with foods that have higher sodium content can hinder dropping water. And the balance needs to be right with sodium/potassium.
    Now if someone can't do HIIT or isn't great at cardio, or has a heart issue (like COPD) how do you endorse safe weight loss?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Well @pafumt to lose that mid section fat it going to come to cardio and nutrition. What I did when I first started which gave me the cnfindance boost to walk around without a shirt is lowering your carb intake and increasing protein this is just something to try for like a month at most then from there it my advice is to figure at your macros and not only lift but start throwing in cardio to burn more calories then you intake
    Well no. Fat loss happens with calorie deficit. One could eat as "clean" as they want and do all the cardio they want, but if their intake is still higher than what they burn, that midsection fat isn't going to go away. One can lose fat without having to do cardio. Exercise is for fitness and health. Calorie deficit is for weight/fat loss.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    pafumt wrote: »
    I am looking to cut my body fat in my mid section. I have been lifting hard on and off for about 3 years. I started with a body weight of 140 and now weigh 158. My challenge is to reduce my 23% body fat around my abs. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    You cannot spot target any body fat with exercise. You have to be in a calorie deficit to do it. If you're not reducing body fat, it's because you're not in calorie deficit.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• pafumt
    pafumt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back. I have been on a strick low calorie diet for 3 weeks now. I am ramping up my cardio. I started out feeling very sluggish but this week got a good size enrgy boost. I am down 6 pounds 5% drop in BF at my mid section.