"Personal Trainer Food" Program

Options
Hello there,

I just purchased a Groupon for this food program and I am going to start it the 1st week of February. This will give me time to clean out my refrig or should I say to eat things I already have that are limited with this program.

Any thoughts from those who have actually tried the program are appreciated. Now that you have tried it what did you like or NOT like about the program?

thanks!

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried the food program, "Personal Trainer Food"?
    I am not looking for a critique of the program. I have found plenty on the pros and cons of the program. Not looking for whether or not I should or should not try the program.

My question is IF you have tried it -- what did you like or NOT like about the program? Was it good? What was good or bad about it? If you don't want to share it here, please message me.

Any thoughts from those who HAVE actually tried the program are appreciated.

Thanks!
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I tried it twice, I don't do well with low carbs, and I didn't lose anywhere near as much as promised. Some of the food was good, especially breakfast, I liked the omelettes. The veggies were fine, no better or worse than other frozen veggies. I didn't care for the flavored chicken breasts or some of the snacks. I'm doing much better with just counting calories. Give it a try and see if you like it, I didn't. The food is kind of salty over all, and you could get a lot of it from the grocery store probably for equivalent prices. I'd rather have more variety, but it seems to work for some people.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    jessetfan wrote: »
    I tried it twice, I don't do well with low carbs, and I didn't lose anywhere near as much as promised. Some of the food was good, especially breakfast, I liked the omelettes. The veggies were fine, no better or worse than other frozen veggies. I didn't care for the flavored chicken breasts or some of the snacks. I'm doing much better with just counting calories. Give it a try and see if you like it, I didn't. The food is kind of salty over all, and you could get a lot of it from the grocery store probably for equivalent prices. I'd rather have more variety, but it seems to work for some people.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! :)

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Why not just make your own food and use MFP the way it was designed?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Why not just make your own food and use MFP the way it was designed?

That's what I do and my foods actually taste good !! Not frozen high sodium stuff ! Lol look at the ingredients of the foods listed on the personal trainer diet, and then look at the nutrients. Lol ! Not to mention , It would be easier and cheaper to prepare foods at home . but some people will always look for an easy way out or believe some gimmick fad. Smh !
  • jessetfan
    Options
    For me it was an attempt at low carb, and I discovered that didn't work for me, it made me cranky and have tons of cravings for sweets, now I'm down almost 30 pounds and eat whatever I want in moderation.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    For me it was an attempt at low carb, and I discovered that didn't work for me, it made me cranky and have tons of cravings for sweets, now I'm down almost 30 pounds and eat whatever I want in moderation.
    Well I am willing to give it a try next month :) Thanks again!
  • jessetfan
    Options
    Well I am willing to give it a try next month :) Thanks again!
    Good luck!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well being that the food was still very processed as stated the food was not better than a Lean Cusine dinner which in most cases lower in sodium since they have lowered the sodium numbers. I will stick with Lean Cuisines which are very tasty and economical when I don't have time to prepare my own meals.