Gotta get to 13% bodyfat

Options
Hi i need to get to 10% body fat by march and i am 25% atm i weight 160 im 5ft10 can someone help me out on what i should do and if it may be achiveable

Replies

• L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    From 10% goal I'm assuming male. No way you are 25% BF at 5'10" 160. Either the bodyfat is wrong or height/weight is wrong.

Either way, if you're looking at 10% fat you're probably looking at needing to drop around 5-15lbs of fat. Very reasonable goal for to achieve by Mar 1, even if we are talking 15 lbs.

What you should do is eat less than you burn. Read about TDEE/calorie balance and use the website to track food and activity.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Op can you explain why? Dropping 15% in three months sounds extreme...
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm only here because I'm curious on why you need to lose that much body fat in such a short time period.
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm only here because I'm curious on why you need to lose that much body fat in such a short time period.

I'm guessing it's not actually need and is more like want. Then again, maybe he has some bet/competition where he stands to gain big time :tongue:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    dragon44xd wrote: »
    Hi i need to get to 10% body fat by march and i am 25% atm i weight 160 im 5ft10 can someone help me out on what i should do and if it may be achiveable
    Dude, if you kept your lean body mass, your weight at 10% would 127lbs. I was skinny at 126lbs at 5'6". Your goal is overzealous and borders on possible body dysmorphia.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    L_Master wrote: »
    From 10% goal I'm assuming male. No way you are 25% BF at 5'10" 160. Either the bodyfat is wrong or height/weight is wrong.

Either way, if you're looking at 10% fat you're probably looking at needing to drop around 5-15lbs of fat. Very reasonable goal for to achieve by Mar 1, even if we are talking 15 lbs.

What you should do is eat less than you burn. Read about TDEE/calorie balance and use the website to track food and activity.
    No, it would be 33lbs.

Current weight 160. Times .25 is 40lbs of fat. 120lbs of lean mass at 10% is 127lbs. So that's more than double of what you're estimating.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Dude, if you kept your lean body mass, your weight at 10% would 127lbs. I was skinny at 126lbs at 5'6". Your goal is overzealous and borders on possible body dysmorphia.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'm a 5ft5 female who competes in bodybuilding at about 125lbs. You wouldn't want to be that lean unless there's a very good reason, it's not something you'd do for fun!
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options

Recomp or clean bulk.

• dragon44xd
    dragon44xd Posts: 12 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Op can you explain why? Dropping 15% in three months sounds extreme...
    Well im kinda fat and was hoping to trim down have prom coming up and trips where i might have to take my shirt off
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    L_Master wrote: »

No, it would be 33lbs.

Current weight 160. Times .25 is 40lbs of fat. 120lbs of lean mass at 10% is 127lbs. So that's more than double of what you're estimating.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

His assumption was that 25% bf was inaccurate at that bodyweight, which is likely.
  • dragon44xd
    Options
    I also workout and wana look alittle better in the mirror also see progress it doesnt have to be 10 percent but if its 15% and under it good
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest you work on a buff goal instead of a weight loss goal. Lift heavy things.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    @OP, How did you determine you BF is 25%? Was it a scale? Maybe post a pic to get an estimate.
  • dragon44xd
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »
    @OP, How did you determine you BF is 25%? Was it a scale? Maybe post a pic to get an estimate.

Yea it was a scale in my gym
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to mention in case you are not aware , if you lose weight too quickly then you are likely losing a lot of muscle mass. Have you ever saw those skinny guys with saggy hanging skin ? Yep! Not attractive at all. So lose your weight slow and steady. You will look much better in the long run. Trying to drop a bunch of weight for prom really fast can be a bad idea. Eat at a responsible yet reasonable deficit . start a progressive lifting program.
  • loulamb7
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »

Yea it was a scale in my gym

Scales are notoriously wrong. Google BF% images and compare what you look like to the images. Or google BF calculator (these aren't exact either but imho better than a scale).
  • dragon44xd
    Options
    well i just toke this picture its not the best but hopfully some idea 88tkahm31c5w.jpg
  • loulamb7
    edited December 2015
    Options
    At 5'10", 160 lbs, my guess is that you don't need to lose weight but add muscle or recomp. Start a program like SL 5x5 or any other beginner's progressive weight lifting program.

I posted this reply before you posted your pic. You don't look 25%, but I'll let the expert take over from here.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    well i just toke this picture its not the best but hopfully some idea

Yeah, looks to me like you're prime for a recomp. There's not a great deal to lose there, I'd be surprised if that was 25% BF.
  • dragon44xd
    Options
    How much do body fat do i look like?