Love my Nike, hate how quickly I have to replace....

Options
Any suggestions? Normally every 3-4 months & I only walk a few miles a day. It's just getting too expensive to replace them all of the time.

Replies

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Your Nike what? Shoes? Shorts? Compression gear? Water bottle?
    I'm guessing shoes since you're talking about walking. Sounds like you should be a little adventurous and find a brand that lasts longer.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Shoes will last longer if you have 2 pairs and alternate between them. Then the cushioning has time to recover and bounce back, rather than remaining crushed from daily use. I rotate between 3 pairs of running shoes since I run 40-60 miles per week when training, and I have one pair right now that has 450 miles on them and they still feel great.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yes shoes. Thanks for the tip on 2 pairs.
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I dont wear nikes anymore (though I am a runner, not walker). I would look into other shoes that are supportive and made for the terrain you are walking on - road shoes, trail shoes, etc. You might find that will help. Also good tip on using more than one shoe, I also have 3 I rotate.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    I dont wear nikes anymore (though I am a runner, not walker). I would look into other shoes that are supportive and made for the terrain you are walking on - road shoes, trail shoes, etc. You might find that will help. Also good tip on using more than one shoe, I also have 3 I rotate.

Can I ask what brand do you use now?
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »

Can I ask what brand do you use now?

Sure. I wear saucony (sock-a-knee) now. I have two road shoes and a trail shoe for my trail runs. I do anywhere between a 5k and half 3x a week. They have lasted, however i am used to getting a new pair every 4-6 months or so
  • meleileen
    meleileen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was an avid Nike consumer until I bought my first pair of Brooks (Glycerin) and now Altras (Torin)....I like cushion running shoes. I do a lot of walking and I run (or try to anyway). How are yours wearing? The bottoms? I highly recommend you get fitted for a proper shoe to accommodate your feet. There are many running shoe stores that can measure your foot and recommend a good shoe, but stay away from chain stores. My problem with Nike is they were too narrow in the toe box which caused the shoe to tear near my pinky toe and I was wearing the wrong size....would not have known this if I was not fitted!