Snacks you can eat that don't make you feel guilty?

Options
Really watching my meals but need some suggestions for snacks that don't add lots of calories.
All help will be appreciated

Replies

• kisamekick
    kisamekick Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We talking unhealthy snacks? I eat a brand of popcorn called 'Skinny popcorn' 78 calories a bag. Pombear crisps 95 calories a bag. Alpro yogurt I think around 80 calories a tub.
    Also occasionally eat a whole tub of ice cream to myself called 'Almond dream' doesn't even hit 500 calories, it's like 450!! Only do it every week or two though haha.

These a pretty much the only snacks I eat and buy, don't go near biscuits, I end up eating the whole packet. A hobnob biscuit is 70 calories and there are about 20 biscuits. I felt awful all day long lol. Oh well, you learn from your mistakes :confounded:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly 9 calories
    Seafood sticks 18 calories
    Aldi light benefit bars 67 calories
    Quavers 99 calories
    Cup of soup 40 calories
  • attosa
    attosa Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Fiberous veggies (I like blanched broccoli with Greek yogurt dip), veggies with pb/yogurt mix dip, frozen banana "nice cream"
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Pre-portioned nuts, with something sweet (like dark chocolate, or dried fruit or something more of your choosing). If it's pre-packaged by you, you know how much you're eating and it will hopefully be a way to help portion control as well (if that's an issue) because you don't want to be faced with all the little empty packages.

• fullylugged
    fullylugged Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Apple slices : 35 cals a serving
    Popsecret 100 cal kettle corn bags.
    Bruschetta: varies, but usually 50 cals or less per serving. Get a french bread and slice thin, then toast.
  • deaconexpired
    deaconexpired Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    kisamekick wrote: »
    We talking unhealthy snacks? I eat a brand of popcorn called 'Skinny popcorn' 78 calories a bag. Pombear crisps 95 calories a bag. Alpro yogurt I think around 80 calories a tub.
    Also occasionally eat a whole tub of ice cream to myself called 'Almond dream' doesn't even hit 500 calories, it's like 450!! Only do it every week or two though haha.

These a pretty much the only snacks I eat and buy, don't go near biscuits, I end up eating the whole packet. A hobnob biscuit is 70 calories and there are about 20 biscuits. I felt awful all day long lol. Oh well, you learn from your mistakes :confounded:

Sounds great! Thanks for the advice

• deaconexpired
    Options
    Thanks guys all great stuff. On my way to shops now
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Not a direct answer to your question, but I have taken a different approach.
    I eat full meals that satisfy me, leaving no need for "regular snacking" (which feels quite like an oxymoron anyway).
    I refuse to feel guilty for eating.
    I will have treats now and then, but I try to moderate my intake, and occasional splurges don't have that great an impact. It's what I do most days that is most important.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Snacking NEVER makes me feel guilty :smiley: - I fit them into my calories every day.

If you eat well balanced and filling meals that does take the notion of mindless snacking out of the equation - or it should! mind over matter in that case and eventually the habit of being more mindful will stick :smile:
    Also plenty of water helps, sometimes we think we are hungry when its actually thirst.
  • deaconexpired
    Options
    Snacking NEVER makes me feel guilty :smiley: - I fit them into my calories every day.

If you eat well balanced and filling meals that does take the notion of mindless snacking out of the equation - or it should! mind over matter in that case and eventually the habit of being more mindful will stick :smile:
    Also plenty of water helps, sometimes we think we are hungry when its actually thirst.

Thanks for this. Do need to up my water intake.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Nuts, seeds, pistachios (just watch your serving size); cottage cheese, greek yogurt (with a bit of honey); I have frozen blueberries at night...it feels like dessert, and 2 servings only equals 140 calories.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    string cheese
    Oikos Triple Zero yogurt
    dark chocolate with low sugar
    jerky

I'll ditto the "water first" comment. I also enjoy teas and tisanes. With a dab of sweetener and cream, some of the flavors can feel like a snack or dessert.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Snack ideas:
    Beef or turkey jerky
    Hard boiled eggs
    Cheese
    Nuts and fruit
    Roasted chic peas
    Sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
    Can of tuna with a tiny amount of lemon juice or mayo or mustard
    Edamame

• deaconexpired
    Options
    Thanks again, all appreciated
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree with the cup of tea. I usually look at my macros to see if I'm missing something that's making me hungy (usually protein since I'm vegetarian).

I usually go with:
    String cheese
    Apple with peanut butter
    Hard boiled egg
    Greek yogurt with jam
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    kisamekick wrote: »

I love skinny popcorn too!
    My go to is hummus (2 Tbsp portion measured) with celery sticks. I don't ever feel guilty eating that as a snack.
    Also I like one whole apple sliced, with 1 Tbsp (measured!) peanut butter.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    There are no snacks that make me feel guilty, but my list would look something like this.

Chocolate covered coffee beans (anywhere from 150-200 calories when I grab a handful and throw them on the scale)
    goldfish crackers (ditto...)
    Gouda cheese (ditto...)
    pop corn (ditto...)
    m&m's (ditto...)
    fudge pop (80 calories)
    flavored push pop (40 calories, of course I never eat one)
    mozzarella sticks (400 calories)
    mudslide (800 calories, I save up for this one)
    cookies (120-240 calories depending on choice)

I'm sure there are other things I snack on, but can't think of them at the moment.
  • colleenprzybyla
    colleenprzybyla Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What kind of potato chips do you like? Make a high protein low fat version with Roasted Chick Peas!

Take a couple of cans of chick peas/ garbanzo beans. Drain and put in a bowl. Mix with your favorite flavor and bake at 450 degrees for about 30-45 min depending on how crispy you want them.

Sea salt and vinegar
    BBQ sauce
    Buffalo Sauce
    Ranch dressing seasoning and olive oil
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Not a direct answer to your question, but I have taken a different approach.
    I eat full meals that satisfy me, leaving no need for "regular snacking" (which feels quite like an oxymoron anyway).
    I refuse to feel guilty for eating.
    I will have treats now and then, but I try to moderate my intake, and occasional splurges don't have that great an impact. It's what I do most days that is most important.

This is what I do. If really in need of something between meals due to a workout I will have nuts and/or fruit and/or greek yogurt, but that's not so common.

More significantly, I don't believe in feeling guilty about food. It's just food, and guilt or shame to me detracts from rather than helping me approach it rationally and with a focus on goals. Rather than feeling guilty if I overindulge I acknowledge it, think about why I did (maybe something to change in the future, maybe because it was Christmas and something I planned for and enjoyed), and just work it into my overall week.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    No snacking makes me feel guilty as long as I've worked it into my calories for the day. It could be 160 calories of ice cream or 400 calories of cake, as long as I planned for it and adjusted my day so it fits.