Any teachers out there....

Options

Replies

• Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    5th grade teacher in PNW! Most of my friends have gone inactive...feel free to add me!
  • smpanas
    smpanas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a first year elementary special education teacher. Looking to lose about 30 lbs and change to healthier eating habits. Need some motivation.
  • Soaringhigh2
    Soaringhigh2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to befriend me. Newish here myself.
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    Jaymefirst wrote: »
    5th grade teacher in PNW! Most of my friends have gone inactive...feel free to add me!
    Jaymefirst wrote: »

Good to befriend you. Let's motivate one another
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    Kmcox86 just added you. Let us teachers motivate one another.
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    cherub14 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Florida teacher here :) 300 days + and over 50 pounds lost!!

Brilliant weight loss. Good gor you. Have added you as a friend.

• Soaringhigh2
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    Special education teacher here. I am enjoying learning how to use mfp and to get results- my loss is slow but that's ok- I know this is a journey now- not a sprint
    Totally agree. Weight loss has to be a journey. It's a lifestyle, not a fad. I'm learning how to use mfp too and think it can be great for mutual encouragement.

• Soaringhigh2
    Options
    mwalle09 wrote: »
    I'm a teacher too! High stress but high reward! Anyone can feel free to add! I hope we all had a good first semester, I teach social studies at the high school level.

Yes such high stress. I teach in a London secondary school - you guys in the states call it high school- I teach Philosophy. Great fun but demanding at the same time. Good to be friends for mutual encouragement.
  • TishGBW
    TishGBW Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    College music teacher here I will add you as I'm on the exact same journey just a lot more to lose! Feel free to join me on my journey.
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    Great to be able to journey with you
  • vpjeter
    vpjeter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a middle school grammar teacher who has been using MFP since September 15, 2015. I am happy to report that I have lost 24 pounds since then! MyFitnessPal is simply a place to record your food and exercise; it is not a magical diet or even a plan. Try using the LCHF lifestyle. I choose not to say diet because of the bad connotation with the word! Instead, changing your way of eating is a much more pleasant term. In using MFP, you must make a conscious decision to be HONEST in writing down everything you eat. But check out the LCHF plan. All of the things you have learned in the past are gone...this is the real deal. I am never hungry and eat so many foods. I feel great now! Good luck in your quest!
  • niekkosgirl
    niekkosgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I teach high school English in Indianapolis. I am trying to get back in the groove of taking time for myself and my health. Would love some fellow teacher encouragement; add me!
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    vpjeter wrote: »
    Hi there! I am a middle school grammar teacher who has been using MFP since September 15, 2015. I am happy to report that I have lost 24 pounds since then! MyFitnessPal is simply a place to record your food and exercise; it is not a magical diet or even a plan. Try using the LCHF lifestyle. I choose not to say diet because of the bad connotation with the word! Instead, changing your way of eating is a much more pleasant term. In using MFP, you must make a conscious decision to be HONEST in writing down everything you eat. But check out the LCHF plan. All of the things you have learned in the past are gone...this is the real deal. I am never hungry and eat so many foods. I feel great now! Good luck in your quest!

Thanks very much for these tips. Am fairly new to mfp so exploring lots at the moment. So glad you have found something that works for you.
  • hbarber85
    hbarber85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Middle school teacher here! Would love all of you as friends! :)
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yep, count me in.... elementary school teacher (substituting daily in all grades from 4-12 years old and special needs kids to age 16/17 years). I'm from the Netherlands so it would be fun to hear from other teachers around the world. Feel free to add me people.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm a special needs primary school teacher in the UK and I use MFP all year round as motivation. Add me if you like :)
  • cindyjo47
    cindyjo47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you're still looking for support - middle school science here in Texas!
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    High school English teacher here...married to a teacher also! Feel free to add me. Also, read my "About Me" on my page to see what I try to do to meet the challenges of school life and healthy lifestyle. For me, every day is a struggle. So being really organized and doing what works for me is really important.
  • meglet2202
    meglet2202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school teacher, too. I log elsewhere, but use mfp for everything else, synced with my fitbit. I've lost 45 since April.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    High school mathematics, anyone is free to add me. Been in maintenance for over a year(lost 50 lbs).