Why can't I make myself drink water?

Options
2»

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink water. I drink a lot of tea & some diet soda. It has never affected my weight loss. I don't see any reason to give up something you love "just because". In the long run, being able to eat & drink what you like will help you stay on track. If you are forcing yourself into eating & drinking things you don't like, you're more likely to give up. It makes every meal a burden & something to dread.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    All these people saying dp doesn't stop you from losing weight I'm just like

You're just like what? Because I'm sitting here 21lbs lighter drinking diet coke every day...

I feel like it's a dirty joke. Come on. I can't be the only perv who thought that.
  • SharpPI
    SharpPI Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies .... I think I am going to try and alternate what I am drinking during the day!
  • yepitsmiss
    yepitsmiss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah the only way i can drink water is with lemon juice or with herbalife's mango aloe consentrate makes it taste yummy and supports digestive health
  • askonieczny4
    askonieczny4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time starting on water too then I found the hydr8 cup. It's a cup with times on it. So I know by 10 a.m. I have to be to the first line. By noon the second line and so on. At first it would hit noon and I would drink down that whole amount I was supposed to take. But then after a while I found it would be noon and I was already to 2 or 4 p.m. you refill the cup once and start again and you get all your water in for the day. Of course you could always drink more. :smile: Also I was staying at a hotel once and they had a pitcher of water with orange slices floating in it. It was so good my whole family drained the pitcher lol we kept going back. I also found cucumber water is really good. I didn't think it would change the flavor but it really does and it is really refreshing. You can just put a few slices of your fruit of choice in a pitcher of water in your fridge. Also I can't drink faucet water it literally makss me sick. I get nauseas. I drink distilled water. If it's the carbonation you like try carbonated flavor water or plain soda water. I was addicted to coca cola. I promise you once you start water and drink it a lot diet pepsi wont even taste good anymore. I remember getting a coke at Mcdonalds (my old favorite) and thinking this is so gross how did I ever like this. I threw it out.
  • kenda424
    kenda424 Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I can only drink water if it's at room temp, it has more of a flavor (to me anyway.)
  • Terri2874
    Terri2874 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've started drinking TONS of water since I found a flavor that I love:-) it's Walmart brand clear grape water enhancer (comes in a little container....just add a few squirts to your water bottle )
    it's calorie free and makes H20 so much better!
  • SharpPI
    SharpPI Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Terri2874 wrote: »
    I've started drinking TONS of water since I found a flavor that I love:-) it's Walmart brand clear grape water enhancer (comes in a little container....just add a few squirts to your water bottle )
    it's calorie free and makes H20 so much better!

Thanks ... I will stop by there today
  • dreadlifts
    dreadlifts Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    SharpPI wrote: »
    Yesterday, day one on MFP, I did ok one the water thing ... however today I passed up water several times for diet Pepsi .... I have had 3 - 20 oz DP's today.

Tonight I am going to force some water in so I can get out of bed 10 times tonight to pee ....

I really need to get off the DP, but I am addicted .... my job requires lots of caffeine.

Help with ideas on how to kick the habit .... I know if I get off the DP the weight will come off a lot easier!

I know your pain! Working numerous jobs and shift work means a looooot of caffeine and I am an absolute sucker for coffee. Lately I've been drinking matcha (which is basically just ground up green tea) and I haven't had a single cup of coffee in 4 days (YAY!). I struggle with drinking water, especially in the morning; it makes me really really really nauseous (before or after food). I found that drinking a match and a cup of herbal tea settles by stomach and I can usually drink water afterwards.

If ever I'm not feeling water (because, well, it's water) I usually make a cup of tea (flavored to change things up) :smiley:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink water, much prefer tea. It matters that your hydrated, it doesn't really matter what you hydrate with.