What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I use only regular coffee as flavoured coffee has additives that may contribute to more cals in the coffee (unknowingly!! I only found this out not too long ago... AND flavoured coffee may be a high GI item that can cause cravings - WHO KNEW?!) So, with my coffee tasting coffee, I now only put in stevia to sweeten it a little. I really came to like it that way - the only downside is that I can't enjoy a nice Latté or anything like that anymore :( (just because it now tastes too sweet). But I guess I win with the low cals right?!

None of the flavored coffees that I have ever used have any calories at all according to the listed nutritional value...and if anything, coffee (flavored/with creamer) completely curbs my hunger (to the point that I have to force myself to eat breakfast before 1 or 2 pm :)...

You are definitely saving calories without any creamers though.
  • goldenfemale
    goldenfemale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee black with splenda. I've heard when you drink black coffee it speeds up your metabolism!
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    only a half teaspoon of organic can sugar and a teaspoon of half and half...perfect combo for me!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I drink it black!

Ditto.

Just wean yourself off the creamer and flavorings. You'll be surprised at how good coffee actually tastes...and if you're not buying the high end stuff, you will be soon, because the grocery store stuff tastes nasty!
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tablespoons of flavored creamer in my coffee. I can't give up my coffee!
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I mix cinnamon and a dash of vanilla or almond extract with the coffee grounds before I brew (french press) and it's lovely! I'll usually add a couple splashes of almond milk (5 calories for 1/8 cup).
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I usually drink my coffee black, but I love to buy coffee in different flavors.
    When I do add something to my coffee, it is usually some sugar-free vanilla syrup.....all the flavor, none of the guilt.
    Go ahead, bash me for the additives and artificial sweetners! :laugh:
    Kaye
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I sometimes drink it black, but mostly I drink it with almond milk. I want the almond milk for the calcium anyways so it's win-win. :bigsmile:
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Tons of Splenda and Almond Milk!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free vanilla creamer and generic truvia, they have all kinds of sugar free or low fat/fat free creamers

This was my exact answer! :) I prefer the sugar free over the fat free b/c of the lower calorie count on them (15 vs. 25 I think).

We also have a Keureg machine at the office, so I got flavored coffees for that (Butter Toffee is really good) and just use one packet of sweetener with no creamer, which is pretty good too!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I just drink black coffee, HOWEVER there is this awesome little Mexican dive down the road from me that serves coffee laced with cinnamon, and it is AMAZING. Highly recommended!
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I drink it black.
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I haven't acquired a taste for black coffee but kudos to all of you that have! I use one Splenda and exactly 1 tablespoon of sugar-free hazelnut creamer. I measure on every single cup, and usually have two cups per day, for a total of only 30 calories. I so look forward to my coffee in the morning! I know, I know.....artificial sweeteners.....one battle at a time folks! I work out hard and after I get rid of this last 5.4 pounds we can start tackling the artificial sweetener.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Sugar and if I want some extra flavorings, chocolate almond milk (unsweetened since I am going to add sugar).
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    OOH OOH! I love my morning coffee drinks. I have this great little mini blender that makes frozen drinks right in a cup, it's called the Magic Bullet.

I make frozen banana coffee drinks! I use:

about 1/2 cup of ice
    1/4 c. brewed coffee or 1 T instant coffee
    1/2 banana (about 50 g)
    1/2 - 3/4 c. almond milk (often unsweetened vanilla, but sometimes sweetened dark chocolate)
    2T International Delight Almond Joy Coffee Creamer (if using unsweetened almond milk only)

Blend for a minute; it's awesome!

Be careful when using coffee creamers because most contain partially hydrogenated oils. Even Coffee Mate, which blatantly lies on it's front label using an * to pretend it doesn't have trans fats, DOES contain partially hydrogenated oil.

International Delight is the only brand I've found in a regular supermarket that is free of trans fats. Whole Foods and similar stores have healthy options too).

(If you don't know about trans fats and partially hydrogenated oils, let me be the first to tell you: STOP CONSUMING THEM AT ONCE and happily watch your weight decrease).

blessings.
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    Lately, Ive been drinking dunkin' donuts brand hazelnut with just a bit of light soymilk. Its good hot or iced.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    nestle sugar free vanilla caramel
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Black straight up.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    my heart. ahaha no, actually 1 serving packet and a splash of milk (doesn't matter what kind). You can buy certain grinds of coffee that have flavor in them instead of using creamer.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i generally do a packet of splenda and a couple tablespoons of milk (i prefer whole milk in my coffee, or soy milk). if the coffee is REALLY good then i drink it black :)