Did you meet your MFP daily calorie goals? Be accountable! Positive Supportive comments please!

Options
ivy6154
ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
Did you make your MFP calorie goal for the day? Did you exceed it and tell us why? Did you try anything new? Did it work? How are you doing with Carbs, Fat and Protein count? Did you exercise today(even 2 minutes counts!)?

Replies

• Jessapi
    Jessapi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No I did not! I am new to this so I just had no idea how many calories I actually eat daily! I have been cutting down still. Even though I did not reach my goal, I am doing a little better every day.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,001 Member
    Options
    Jessapi wrote: »
    No I did not! I am new to this so I just had no idea how many calories I actually eat daily! I have been cutting down still. Even though I did not reach my goal, I am doing a little better every day.

Congrats for getting started and for making progress everyday! You sound like you have a great attitude that should help you reach success.
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Every day you're getting closer.
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've come in under the past couple of days, but am over in sodium and fat intake. I love being able to see which foods are killing me! Off work this week, so getting in more exercise than normal, cleaning the house, puttering around the barn, and hitting the gym!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I've only had one meal so far so I don't know how the day will end. But I don't usually have any trouble staying under my calorie goal. My macros are usually ballpark.
  • ivy6154
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My stats-1st day-1,811 184 78 81 2,497 68
    Your Daily Goal 1,630 204 54 82 2,300 61
    Remaining - 181 20 -24 1 -196 -6

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    I definitely overdosed on salt. It's a real weakness of mine! Sugar also! :( I have 181 calories left, hopefully, I will choose fruit or vegetables! I stopped myself from ordering ice cream earlier because I knew Id have to come here and admit it! To stop first before inserting is a good thing!!
  • ivy6154
    Options
    I've only had one meal so far so I don't know how the day will end. But I don't usually have any trouble staying under my calorie goal. My macros are usually ballpark.

lula nights are usually the worse for me, but I want to lose so badly this time!
  • ivy6154
    Options
    I've come in under the past couple of days, but am over in sodium and fat intake. I love being able to see which foods are killing me! Off work this week, so getting in more exercise than normal, cleaning the house, puttering around the barn, and hitting the gym!

Good for you Kat! Staying under your calorie load is the only way to lose! Being over on fat may not be a bad thing if it's olive oil, avocados or nuts..these are good fats! Salt is HARD :(

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I smashed it today! Stayed 85 calories under goal, met all of my macro goals, worked out for the prerequisite 30 minutes. Yeah!
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Shoveled snow and walked to mailbox and back
    Our mailbox is a block away
    Have always stayed under my goal, but have trouble staying under macros.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yup, came in 17 calories under my calorie goal and ended up 3 grams above my protein target. Like with every other day apart from a few special occasions, I planned out my meals last night and pre-logged them, so today I just had to eat what I planned.

Today was a workout day and I just finished that. I think I need to add a fourth set of my intervals, but am kind of on the fence because that means seven more minutes, and right now my total workout time is almost exactly the length of one TV show episode :smiley:

Now it's time to plan tomorrow's meals.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yup - at least as closely as I can ballpark a cobbled together (new) iHop meal.

My primary goal is to eat few enough carbs to keep my blood sugar under control. At 1 hour after the meal, my blood glucose was at 107 (normal range). The big carb question I can't control is whether the chef honors my request to leave out the pancake batter. From my blood glucose, it looks as if he did.

As a secondary goal (calories and other macros), I tried to overestimate the egg and butter used to cook it - and the one add-in that wasn't in the database. As long as my estimate is reasonable, I'm under my calorie goal and carb goal, and close to my protein goal. FWIW, I lost 1.2 lbs over the week long out of town Christmas visit with my family that required quite a bit of estimating, so I'm pretty good at it.
  • ivy6154
    Options
    I smashed it today! Stayed 85 calories under goal, met all of my macro goals, worked out for the prerequisite 30 minutes. Yeah!

Wow! Staying under is fabulous! I envy that you exercised for 30 :) I can barely do 10 B)

• ivy6154
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »
    Yup - at least as closely as I can ballpark a cobbled together (new) iHop meal.

My primary goal is to eat few enough carbs to keep my blood sugar under control. At 1 hour after the meal, my blood glucose was at 107 (normal range). The big carb question I can't control is whether the chef honors my request to leave out the pancake batter. From my blood glucose, it looks as if he did.

As a secondary goal (calories and other macros), I tried to overestimate the egg and butter used to cook it - and the one add-in that wasn't in the database. As long as my estimate is reasonable, I'm under my calorie goal and carb goal, and close to my protein goal. FWIW, I lost 1.2 lbs over the week long out of town Christmas visit with my family that required quite a bit of estimating, so I'm pretty good at it.

omg you are really deep into it :) ..i'm not sure what a macro is but I'm guessing it's fats, carbs etc.? I have a problem with carbs, fats, and salt :( From what I'm reading the kind of calorie counts, which means a veggie calorie burns much better then a bread calorie..not sure about this latest information. I was always told a calorie is a calorie, no difference! I'd rather the latter be true then the former! :(

• ivy6154
    Options
    Today I blew it, 138 calories over my goal..but all is not lost! Tomorrow's another day :)
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ivy6154 wrote: »
    Today I blew it, 138 calories over my goal..but all is not lost! Tomorrow's another day :)
    Yep, Do-over!

I went 1 over my daily, but with my exercise I have 19 extra. Today I went over on carbs 31 g, fat 18g and sugar 14g. I know it's the snacks...I need to learn to eat more fruit instead. This weekend I'm going to take a long look at what I ate and were they are putting me nutritionally. Although I want to lose the last 14#, this app has me looking at food differently than WW did.
  • minimel_99
    minimel_99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day logging EVERYTHING I ate - I was over by almost 400 calories! Today however, I was only over by 72 so I'll consider that a win!
  • ivy6154
    Options
    minimel_99 wrote: »
    Yesterday was my first day logging EVERYTHING I ate - I was over by almost 400 calories! Today however, I was only over by 72 so I'll consider that a win!

Cool! Everyday you take care of yourself is a win! :)

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am 91 calories shy of reaching my calorie goal ......everything is close except over on my protein and carbs
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have 307 calories left over, and those are destined for ice cream. By the time I have the ice cream I will be over my protein, fat, fibre, and iron goals, and just under my carbs. This is exactly how I like to see my days end. It doesn't happen all the time, but I love it when it does. Still planning on lifting tonight and possible treadmill.