Newbie here and FED UP!!!!

Options
Fed Up with being judged before anyone gets to know me based just on my size. Fed Up with not being able to keep up with my kids. Fed Up with not being able to buy cute clothes and shop in a regular store. Fed Up with running out of breath going up a flight of stairs. I'm just fed up and determined to do something about it. So excited to find this resource and start my journey. I have failed in the past but THIS TIME is different. This time I WILL succeed!!!! Would love advice and encouragement from anyone willing to give it!

Replies

• xyztadz
    xyztadz Posts: 6
    Options
    hey ya have come to the right spot, il add u as a friend and we can help each other out :)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Everyone is wonderful on this site...add me if you want. I know you can reach yor goal!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I will support ya! You have just taken the 1st step! THIS SITE IS AMAZING!!!! Feel free to add me, good luck on your journey :)
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    Welcome!
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    You can do this!
    This website is full of info and support!
    I have tried and tried before and with this websites help I can do this, and you can too!
    Good luck!
  • mozyrpat
    mozyrpat Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck with reaching your goals ! I'm quite new here too but really pleased I came across this site. I used to think all the talk about counting calories and setting goals was a load of .............. ( well you know what I', thinking) but this site has made it quite easy to understand and I know I'm getting places ! You can get there too !
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You can SO do this.. Everyday you're gonna notice differences and feel BETTER!! Trust me!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You are in the right place I am FED UP too and doing something about it!!! So can you!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you can do it! I was the same way could barely walk any kind of distance without having to sit. and now 9 months later I am running for 20 minutes. This site is a great place to start your journey! Feel free to add me!
  • nikki0404
    nikki0404 Posts: 3
    Options
    Take it one day at a time!! Once you start seeing changes there's nothing that can stop you!!

You can do it!!!!!
  • pange78
    pange78 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi

I'm new here too...and need support too.

good luck

You, I and the collective WE here can do it xx
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Like the others have said, you have come to the right place! Amazing support here and lots of great info! I'll send ya a friend request!
  • Jazzart
    Jazzart Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well hello there, Boy have you come to the right place! There re so many thousands of wonderful people that are working together twoards that same goals of weight oss and a healthier lifestyle, I have only been here a few weeks, and have already fallen in love with all of my friends and their encouragement, advise, ideas and stories of success, what I can promose you is that this site will change you forever, Just hang in there and you too will be amoungst one of the many sucessful story tellers that will soon inspire someone else to join on this wonderful journey. Looking forward to your many sucesses,

Yours Truly,

Joe
  • beckusjane
    beckusjane Posts: 112
    Options
    You may have already seen this message. I put it as a blog on my page. I KNOW you can do this:) I also know there is strength in numbers so feel free to message me anytime if you are having issues throughout the day. I can check in daily with you if you would like:)

Just so you know, this may turn into a novel:) And dont go strictly by any of this. What works for one person may not work for someone else. We did a "Get Fit, Get Healthy" challenge at my work for 8 weeks. I lost about 22 lbs. and 5% of my body fat. We had to do certain things to get points for the challenge. These are the things we needed to do:

*64 oz. of water each day. This does not include coffee, juices or kool-aid. Now you can have 64 oz. + juices but you must drink 64 oz. When you do drink juices, they have to be 100% juice. Easy enough right? Grape juice, apple juice, orange juice. Tomato juice too but the sodium is ridiculous in it. I'm sure if you want some of that it would be ok for a change. Just dont make it your only juice.

*7 hours or more of sleep. This can be hard if you have small children or just a hectic schedule. If you are able to lie down for a nap during the day, you can count that, but it is much better if you can get 7 hrs straight.

*Eat breakfast within 2 hrs of waking up. This is a hard one. Some people just cant stand eating first thing in the morning. I usually grab something quick like an apple or a banana.

*5 servings of fruits/veggies a day. Pretty straight forward. Again this is where your juices come in. You can use 4 oz. of fruit juice as a serving of fruit. For the record, jelly beans are not a fruit even if they are fruit flavored. :)

* 210 minutes of cardio a week. Now you can get this walking, biking, swimming, yardwork (raking and push mowing count) snow shoveling is a BIG one but obviously it will be a few months til we can do that again and I dont mind a bit!! Now it doesnt matter how you break this down as long as you do a minimum of 10 minutes for any time you are counting it. You can do more than 210 minutes of course if your schedule allows.

*Toning with free weights or stretch bands 3 times a week for 10 minutes a piece. You can definitely do more than 3 times. That is only the minimum. Sometimes I will use my free weight and incorporate them into my aerobic routines.

That's it. Those are the simple rules I am following and the weight is coming off. You dont want it to fall off all at once. If it does, then you're doing something drastic and the chances of sticking with it are slim. Working it off slowly is the best ticket. Making small changes makes it easier to become lifestyle changes not temporary fixes.

Also, I tend to stay away from white flour. You can eat breads, potatoes and pasta in moderate amounts but it is much better for you if you eat whole wheat breads and pastas or sweet potatoes. Dont get worried about the fact that there are about as many carbs in whole wheat pasta as there is in the regular. It's better for you~trust me!!

Another trick that helps? If you have time, measure out a serving of your snacks. Use ziplock baggies and have them ready to grab and go. I usually have pretzels, animal crackers stuff like that ready so that I dont have to think about it. If I just try to sit with a bag of pretzels, pretty soon Ive eaten half the bag but if I have a true serving size packaged, I know when to stop.

If the idea of this process is overwhelming, dont try to change everything at once. Maybe work on 5 fruits/veggies and once you have that figured out, then try 64 oz of water. Keep adding a step to it til you are on your way to healthier choices.

Good luck. Hope this helps:)

Becca
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Love your attitude! It's that determination that will get you through the difficult times in the journey you're starting -- but it will all be worth it in the end. Welcome!
  • MissRiRi
    MissRiRi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way you do! I am looking forward to making some positive changes! I welcome any and all support!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    You can do it, and being fed-up is the first step. Don't limit yourself, set your goals and go for them with everything you have.
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Being here on MFP is awesome and I know you will do well. The people here are super encouraging and they really keep me going. Good luck with your journey.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    glad you are here! new friends are always welcome, feel free to add me and good luck! you CAN do this :smile:
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome onboard! Sounds like you've got just the right motivation and determination to achieve your goals. You can do it and well all be cheering you on. Enjoy the journey :)