100+ pounds to lose and need some support...

Options

Replies

• ashleeeeanne
    ashleeeeanne Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just added you all! Loving all of the support and motivation from everyone here! Thanks guys :)
  • JustHilsie
    JustHilsie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi ashlee, i am in the same boat as you although I am a decade older. Looking forward to sharing our journey!
  • ashleeeeanne
    Options
    How's everyone doing here today? TGIF Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • missblueeyes_26
    missblueeyes_26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Courtney...I have 90 lbs to lose to get to the health and fitness level I used to be at. Over the past 7 years I have gone from an eating disorder, to being incredibly fit, healthy, and happy, to now gaining an embarrassing amount of weight and tipping the scales at 90 pounds over what I should be. I would love some friends who have similar goals and weightloss goals!
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Add me if you want. 80+ lbs to loose! Support is always welcome!!
  • ashleeeeanne
    Options
    Loving all of the support on here!!
  • katiemstamey
    katiemstamey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    About 70 here! Feel free to add me! I love the support!
  • CrystalKSU
    CrystalKSU Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'd love to join this group. I have about 110-120 lbs to lose, after avoiding scales (easy since I don't own one at the moment) had to get on the dr's office scale during my annual checkup and was ..... i don't even have the words..... shocked, mortified, sad, angry, furious, petrified, disgusted.....to see 278 come up. I am 5'8". I have no excuse to be this weight. I eat healthy foods and very rarely eat out, even less frequently eat fast food. But I have a MAJOR portion control and emotional/bored eating habit that is clearly run amok. I'm trying to reign it in. On day 15 of tracking my food! I was excellent at Christmas (mostly though because I was recovering from flu and intentionally didn't go to family events to avoid getting anyone else sick.... bonus there was no temptations for me to deal with). I hope to get down to about 160ish. For my frame and body structure I feel that would be an excellent weight. Maybe a few pounds less, but I'm not trying to be skinny, just healthy and happy. So my mantra for 2016 is HAPPINESS THROUGH SELF CARE, A STRONG BODY, AND HEALTHY PORTIONS!!! Thank you to whoever created the group and the others who joined it. I hope to make healthy, motivating friendships here. We're all in it together.
  • jcmichigan
    jcmichigan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm down 35 pounds but have about another 120 to lose. Stopped in July but kept the weight off. Back to using mfp! It was the best thing for me! It helped so much.
  • dawling11
    dawling11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashlee. I want to lose 120 lbs. I am new to all this community stuff. I would like to add friends but I don't know how. I am ready to start my weight loss journey (again) but this time I want it to last. I know that I need to exercise but it sure is hard to get motivated. I am sick of all the knee and hip pain caused by my excess weight. Let's do this!!!
  • KnordRW
    KnordRW Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've got close to 200 lbs to lose - my initial goal is a loss of 180 lbs, from a starting weight at the beginning of September of 356. So far I'm down 50 since then. I'm giving myself a large timeframe to do it in, goal date of September 15, 2017, but with luck and some support I'll make it long before that. Feel free to add me, anybody - I'm always open to new friends and more support, and I'm always willing to give out support to others.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am 23 years old and I have 100 pounds to lose too. I going to keep on track this time.
  • citalia21
    citalia21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me!! I'd love to support!! 40lbs to my goal weight!!
  • shll13
    shll13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    Feel free to add me too!! I need all the motivation I can get! I've been over weight my whole life.. I finally got down to my goal weight 4 years ago after fighting to get it off for 20 years. I had lost 100). It felt amazing!! Until I met my boyfriend..... In 3 years I gained 50lbs. I feel aweful. My asthma is worse, my sciatica hurts... None of my clothes fit. I'm determined to get that 50 off and keep it off! My family is no support at all. My mom who is also obese thinks there is nothing wrong & discourages me & thinks I'm being stupid... Her words. Then my boyfriend who is supportive bit in a different way... Says the wrong things "You were so hot when we first met" "Your arms were so toned" "but don't worry I still love you the way you are" . Hhhmmmm...

Let's all get motivated!! WE deserve it & each other's support!!

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I could use some active friends! I have been on the site for years and just don't stick with my guns. I have some support from my mom and a friend, so I am hoping this on top of the other will keep me going.

In case anyone is interested, I am 29 years old and need to lose 100 pounds. I'll keep it at that. My weigh in is scheduled for tomorrow, so I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I am just ecstatic that I have been working on getting back into the realm of things before the new year began. I wasn't ever good at keeping those resolutions.

• ashleeeeanne
    Options
    shll13 wrote: »
    Hi!!
    Feel free to add me too!! I need all the motivation I can get! I've been over weight my whole life.. I finally got down to my goal weight 4 years ago after fighting to get it off for 20 years. I had lost 100). It felt amazing!! Until I met my boyfriend..... In 3 years I gained 50lbs. I feel aweful. My asthma is worse, my sciatica hurts... None of my clothes fit. I'm determined to get that 50 off and keep it off! My family is no support at all. My mom who is also obese thinks there is nothing wrong & discourages me & thinks I'm being stupid... Her words. Then my boyfriend who is supportive bit in a different way... Says the wrong things "You were so hot when we first met" "Your arms were so toned" "but don't worry I still love you the way you are" . Hhhmmmm...

Let's all get motivated!! WE deserve it & each other's support!!

Hi! I understand this completely! I have absolutely no support at home, however I have 'met' some amazing and supportive people here on MFP!!! This is a great community of so many wonderful people!

So thankful for all of you and all of the support on here! Happy New Year everyone! Lets make 2016 an amazing year!
  • duckypooz
    duckypooz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose around the 100 mark. Would love some more friends on here. X
  • BottomsUp23
    BottomsUp23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashlee! I've started and stopped so many times that I've come to realize it's definitely doable but you have to be all in. It will be all you think about for a while and then it will be routine. There will always be things that will give you an excuse to go back- happy hour, birthdays, vacation, dinner out, friends who don't have to put in the work to be "skinny", people who try to tempt you so they feel better about their own choices, being tired, healthy foods being too "expensive" - but in all honesty, that's LIFE. Those things are always gonna either be an excuse or just another healthy choice you can make. I need support too as I'm trying to get healthy in order to have a baby, so feel free to add me!
  • elpurple
    elpurple Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have well over 100 to lose and would love more friends who are in the same boat :)
  • SarahSmiles0x
    SarahSmiles0x Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well! I started my hour ey back in may and so far I'm down 46 pounds...I still have at least 90 or so pounds I want to lose so I'm always up for some motivation and good friends