MFP Premium?

Options

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    This website has helped me so much. It has been instrumental in my fitness journey. If for nothing else I would pay just to support MFP. I cannot afford premium at the moment, but if I could I would.

Thats how I look at it as well. My medical bills used to be much more than $50. Apparently my food bill is to :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This website has helped me so much. It has been instrumental in my fitness journey. If for nothing else I would pay just to support MFP. I cannot afford premium at the moment, but if I could I would.

Thats how I look at it as well. My medical bills used to be much more than $50. Apparently my food bill is to :)

That's a pretty cool reason to have decided to go premium. I can totally understand that thought process! :smiley: Regarding ads....I too find those annoying so I use ad-block.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I bought it just because i tend to use things I pay for more than free stuff. My copay at the doctor is like $20 so if it saves me a couple trips to the doctor because of weight related stuff I see it as worth it. Plus what is $50 compared to not dying at 50?
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Agree with @20yearsyounger and @srecupid. As for the comments about the current site being buggy, I've been logging in for 130+ days and haven't experienced any problems.

Premium features list: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1935024-what-are-the-features-of-myfitnesspal-premium-
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    I agree there have been a few issues. Mostly with pushing out new updates that weren't tested properly. I lost my friends feed a few days ago including christmas. Didn't like that at all. However, I was still a able to log and do what I needed to do as well as try out the new restaurant menu feature.
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite :) . What features worked before August 2015 that are no longer working?
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    this site has become borderline worth it for free...i couldn't imagine spending money on this mess.

Thank you. I still use it every day but it is clear that they have no interest in making the free website functional.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    I bought it just because i tend to use things I pay for more than free stuff. My copay at the doctor is like $20 so if it saves me a couple trips to the doctor because of weight related stuff I see it as worth it. Plus what is $50 compared to not dying at 50?

Do you seriously think that paying $50 is going to make you live longer? Or that if you don't you will kick it by 50? That comment can't be serious
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    where can I find this restaurant menu I keep reading about?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

The MFP app on Apple iOS mobile devices

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10296936/ios-version-6-11-1-release-discussion-and-notes/p1
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    ayalowich wrote: »

Do you seriously think that paying $50 is going to make you live longer? Or that if you don't you will kick it by 50? That comment can't be serious

Some people are explicitly told by their doctor, "if you don't fix your weight issues, you won't be alive in five years". However, a less extreme example could be making the same statement about, say, a gym membership. Basically you're spending money to improve your health, which in turn is quite likely to help you avoid obesity related ailments and live longer
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10296936/ios-version-6-11-1-release-discussion-and-notes/p1

Ah ok thanks. I have an Android, so that counts me out.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Ah ok thanks. I have an Android, so that counts me out.

You are not missing out on much. I checked it out just to see what it was and a lot of the menus were incomplete and/or had inaccurate NI (a lot of the items that I did find were listed as having 0 calories).
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ayalowich wrote: »

Some people are explicitly told by their doctor, "if you don't fix your weight issues, you won't be alive in five years". However, a less extreme example could be making the same statement about, say, a gym membership. Basically you're spending money to improve your health, which in turn is quite likely to help you avoid obesity related ailments and live longer

^^^ this. Yes, if you are iverweight, there can be really bad consequences. People who pay for an app to track nutrition and weightloss or those that go to the gym are more likely to lose weight that they desperately need to lose in turn making them healthier and enabling them to live longer.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I used to feel like that. But in the last year, it's like the developers run this site like a hobby and not a business and have zero concern for their users (who, while this is free to use are generating them revenue just by being here) and zero concern for improving the site, and in fact have devolved it. Couple that with whatever the heck is going on forum-wise (I've never seen more people warned or banned for speaking the truth or giving actual solid advice in all my time on any forum, ever) and I don't think they deserve any support from me beyond what they get from me not having ad-blocker.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Thanks. The Restaurant menu thing is US only for now, so Christine won't have it even if she's on iOS mobile.

I like the Smart Copy feature.

(Note, this is not Premium. Sorry to continue derail.)
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Thanks. The Restaurant menu thing is US only for now, so Christine won't have it even if she's on iOS mobile.

I like the Smart Copy feature.

(Note, this is not Premium. Sorry to continue derail.)

Some of my UK friends have it.

• sierratx
    sierratx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I decided to try out the premium and love that it does not add my exercise burned calories back into to my daily amount. I use MFP mainly for the macros tracking and figure out my goal off of MFP and then go in and set my macros goals by gram. I don't want this adjusted if I decide to run longer or work out harder on certain days. In my understanding, the premium gives you more control over settings that you cannot adjust with the free version.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have premium and I got it for the sole reason that I can now set my goals in grams instead of % and I can set different goals for different days.