MFP Premium?

Options
Is it worth it?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Not for me. Counting calories daily is plenty. If I could see micro-nutrients (somehow) I would pay. And if I could see more than just fat, protein, calories, etc. I would like to see 10 items.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    for a site as buggy as this one, no. Plus, you can do everything on the free version that you can on the premium version.

You can see Micros on the free version (four of them), and you can set up your food diary to show fiber, sugar, etc. You jut have to go to custom settings.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would like to see all listed in the first page.
    Calories, Fat, saturated fat, Sodium, Calcium, Potassium, Carbs, protein, cholesterol, sugars, fiber, iron.
    Also would like to add magnesium. That way I don't have to look at printable report and go to reports. I want it all on one page.
    open diary.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would like to see all listed in the first page.
    Calories, Fat, saturated fat, Sodium, Calcium, Potassium, Carbs, protein, cholesterol, sugars, fiber, iron.
    Also would like to add magnesium. That way I don't have to look at printable report and go to reports. I want it all on one page.
    open diary.

You can see the nutrients on one page in the app. But the nutrients are going to be what's generally reported on nutrition labels. Using MFP to track potassium or magnesium (?) isn't likely going to be very fruitful since neither of these are required to be reported and often aren't. Upgrading to premium, even if MFP listed all nutrients under the sun, won't change that.

OP - I personally think premium would be worth it if were just a few dollars. For $50, what they're offering isn't worth that amount to me. I would like to see them offer more interesting tools and calculators and things like that that make me not have to math.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it?

All the responses you've received so far are from non-premium members so you'd likely get a different view from some that are premium members. Perhaps you could create a thread asking for 'Premium Member input for new member' or something with that wording in the title. Or you could try it out for a month and see if it feels worth it to you. :)

I don't feel it's something I need personally. The site is currently and has been having many issues for sometime and that would make me crazy knowing I was paying money and it not working properly.
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The only benefit I found with regards to the premium account was no more ads. Other than that, I see no benefit too it. The standard system pretty much takes care of everything you need.

I do have the premium account.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    this site has become borderline worth it for free...i couldn't imagine spending money on this mess.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    this site has become borderline worth it for free...i couldn't imagine spending money on this mess.

Yep
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Plus, you can do everything on the free version that you can on the premium version.

apart from the things you can only do on Premium,

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Plus, you can do everything on the free version that you can on the premium version.

:D ^ Makes a good point!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure the free site is worth the money any more tbh
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree with you all. I used to LOVE MFP when I first started my weight loss journey 3 years ago. I've had to start all over and not feeling what I see on here.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Resistive wrote: »
    The only benefit I found with regards to the premium account was no more ads. Other than that, I see no benefit too it. The standard system pretty much takes care of everything you need.

I do have the premium account.

Well, there you have it, a reply from someone with premium, and it's the same as the rest of us. Really not worth it. It is not necessary for weight loss.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

such as...?
  • Hearts_2015
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I agree with you all. I used to LOVE MFP when I first started my weight loss journey 3 years ago. I've had to start all over and not feeling what I see on here.

The boards on SparkPeople may appeal to you. Personally I love the reddit "loseit" board community: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/

I've never been on the Sparkppl boards but love love the recipe converter, recipe section and all the articles written over there. I find it enhances what I get from MFP. Just clicked on Reddit...what I saw on the section it opened up to was some really positive support... Saw a lot of MFP members using it that way as well...logging over here and using feedback a bit over there.

I say if more sources get you to goals in life... more power to you. :) I'm sticking around but enjoy looking around and finding things not offered on this site ;)

I find the sites compliment one another.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    The things that are worth it for me :-
    1) i adjust my calorie goals based on grams and I have different goals on different days that match my workout/recovery program
    2) I can quickly see which foods I like and have eaten that have the most calories, macros, nutrients that I am interested in
    3) What ads?

Are these things worth it to everyone? Probably not. But as my own trainer and nutritionalist, I dont mind spending the $50 a year for things the things that I pay attention to.
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If the premium version would allow you to make a recipie and send it to others so they don't have to find and add all the ingredients over again I would gladly pay for it!

It's a huge pain in the *kitten* not being able to share recipies.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    This website has helped me so much. It has been instrumental in my fitness journey. If for nothing else I would pay just to support MFP. I cannot afford premium at the moment, but if I could I would.