Anyone else struggling with a chocolate addiction?

Options
Trying to lose weight and manage a chocolate addiction - would love to be friends with ppl on here facing the same challenge!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate very much. I make it fit in my calories for the day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too. I usually have something sweet every day.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my weakness I manage it with sugar free hard candy mostly.
  • chiclets810
    chiclets810 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate!! But I love all sweet things. Take after my dad.. Sweet tooth & flat chested :)
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I ate like half a box of chocolates on Christmas, I can relate. Feel free to add me,
  • elaineously
    elaineously Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I struggle with a sugar addiction which includes lots of chocolate. I'm open to being buddies, friend me.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate has less calories than milk chocolate. Sometimes I make sugar free chocolate pudding mixed with cool whip. Comes out like chocolate mousse. Chocolate chips in vanilla yogurt is delicious. Skinny Cow has delicious chocolate treats. I won't control myself with those though so don't have them often.

If you are trying to create a calorie deficit it can be very difficult to fit lots chocolate into your day because you are working with a small amount of calories. I have had to accept that high calorie portions are a treat that can't happen very often. It will be the same while maintaining. Doesn't mean I can't ever have chocolate but I have to make the servings fit my calorie goal. That means my portions will be small.

It seems impossible but if you work at it, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Stay with it. Doesn't happen overnight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think most people love chocolate. I can relate to craving it, but having an actual addiction to it... Can't say I know that feeling.
    My biggest tip is don't bring foods into the house that you cant control yourself around :smile:
  • abbigaler
    abbigaler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can relate :) I'm sitting here knowing that I have a cookie jar full of dark chocolate almond rocca. But I just got done swimming so no need to ruin the callories I just burned
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't feel good and have PMS. There were macadamia caramel clusters in the house. It didn't end well for me. :blush:
  • ianfish458
    ianfish458 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Am I the only guy with a chocolate addiction. As with any addition, the only response is abstinence. Once you've gone several months without it, try re-introducing dark chocolate > 70% cocoa. Have one small piece per day. And it is good for you.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I know what you're going through. The other day I was obsessed with finding something sweet. I do not bring sweets into the house because I will eat everything in one sitting. After sulking in the kitchen for a bit, I realized I had the ingredients to make brownies with coco powder. Made the brownies, ate half as batter because I have a problem, then didn't even wait for the brownies to finish cooking and ate more until I became ill. It sucks.

I can tell you from experience, if you can just abstain for a couple weeks, it does get much easier. If I eat unprocessed foods, eventually I don't even want that sugar. The worse my diet it, the worse the cravings are.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I read in the newspaper sometime ago--> Women prefer chocolates to sex lol. I love chocolate and I agree with people who are saying dark chocolate is better or abstinence is the only way. My personal experience when I eat chocolate is that I can't stop and shove 2-3 candy bars down my throat. So I usually abstain or eat fruits like kiwi, strawberries or oranges and it helps because I don't really have a major sweet tooth. It just requires discipline and control to deal with sugar cravings.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    abbigaler wrote: »
    I can relate :) I'm sitting here knowing that I have a cookie jar full of dark chocolate almond rocca. But I just got done swimming so no need to ruin the callories I just burned

After a good workout, you have the extra calories in hand. And that is often the guilt free opportunity to indulge in things otherwise hard to fit into your day without screwing up your other nutritional needs.

If you have trouble with the cravings, send the Roca to me. I'll work out for Roca!
  • crystalpoo22
    crystalpoo22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    rbiss wrote: »
    I know what you're going through. The other day I was obsessed with finding something sweet. I do not bring sweets into the house because I will eat everything in one sitting. After sulking in the kitchen for a bit, I realized I had the ingredients to make brownies with coco powder. Made the brownies, ate half as batter because I have a problem, then didn't even wait for the brownies to finish cooking and ate more until I became ill. It sucks.

I can tell you from experience, if you can just abstain for a couple weeks, it does get much easier. If I eat unprocessed foods, eventually I don't even want that sugar. The worse my diet it, the worse the cravings are.

Omg rbiss you are like my chocolate addict twin! I did exactly the same thing - I had no chocolate in the house and had such a bad craving that I found coco powder, sugar, flour in the cupboard and made chocolate muffins, could not wait to eat them so I ate a lot of batter lol!
  • VickiLynn1101
    VickiLynn1101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic but I can manage it with other low calorie sweet substitutes; like my homemade crustless cheesecake, or vanilla mousse.