Looking for like minded people to help motivate!

Options
alalucy
alalucy Posts: 1 Member
Hi all, I just joined today and would apprecaite any help given! I have started countless diets and failed after losing a few lbs, I really lack motivation and tend to give up when I don't see immediate results. I need help staying focused, doing this steadily and properly. I'm just verging on being overweight and I just want to get this weight off so I can show myself I can really acheive something. Obesity and diabetes runs in my family and I really want to tackle it while I'm young. I have a really hard time finding clothes to fit me cause I store alot of fat on my legs (my hips are a UK 16 while my waist is UK 10) Any help with exercising, thats fun and dieting would be grand. I feel like I'm eating the same things and need some fresh ideas! Thanks, Lucy

Replies

• Gillian708
    Gillian708 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lucy, the hardest part of weight loss is realizing that the only way to lose a lot of weight and be successful is to do it slowly. I've been really overweight before and the hardest time for me was when I'd first begun. I think you are really programmed by eating whatever/whenever you want so you're sort of used to feeling full and having immediate gratification.

When you do something for 28 days, it becomes a habit or something you do without really thinking about it. So although it's not easy right now, when you track your food daily and get used to being satisfied when eating healthier foods, you won't even really think about it. You sort of need to train your brain to think a different way. The key is realizing you can master your body :)

You can do it!!
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with like minded people. There are many here. Friend them... us.