Soo calories don't count on New Year's Eve right?

Options
13»

Replies

• swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I decided to finish off almost all the Christmas chocolate I had in my house last night (NYE has already past in Australia). Figured I was better off having less of it in the house for 2016... or at least that's what I'm telling myself!

I had a very busy December (moved house, travelled a bit, saw a bunch of concerts and then finally Christmas) so I decided to just let myself have a break. I still checked in here every day but I didn't really log my many splurges. It didn't bother me because I knew getting back on track wouldn't be an issue.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    I log anything and everything no matter what. At least that way you have accurate of information as to what you're consuming. I eat what I want and go over when I want, but at least I have accurate nutritional values for what I've put into my body.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you break all the food in half -all the calories leak out that way. ;)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    but I don't like drinking anyway

Most sad post of the day :(
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    but I don't like drinking anyway

Most sad post of the day :(

agreed.

alcohol is the best part of my day.

well, and chocolate.

LOL
    i'll trade you my alcohol for that chocolate :wink:

My taste bugs are too childish for drinks.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    cperret31 wrote: »
    Anyone else anticipating getting off track during the holidays? How can you be on diet but also drink socially? It seems impossible! Haha!

If you don't log it, it doesn't count. Everyone knows this and it is scientifically proven

This. Definitely this. >:)

OP, enjoy your New Years!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    In Bucktown no calories matter.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Booze and apps don't count, but you better weigh those vegetables! They add up!

There will be vegetables! :huh: :noway:

Good lord, what is this world coming to? :sick:

I would stay home and hide, but I suppose I could wash them down with beer or wine if I really have to! :laugh:
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    L_Master wrote: »
    5 hours on the bike is usually my strategy. Gets me up to 6000-7000 TDEE :)

5 hours????!! Holy hell!!
    @cperret31

:smile:

Not so bad when it's outside. When the weather is cold/snow on the ground as is typical for CO that's where it's rough. Riding for 5 hours on a bike trainer gets old quick...
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    In the interests of starting the New Year off well, I've been progressively clearing the house of as much left over Christmas chocolate as possible during the last week (by eating it). I felt this was a proactive and practical way to clear the house of temptation.

I then assisted a friend tonight by helping her clear her home of chocolate and other sweets before midnight struck. I think this was the neighbourly thing to do.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Calories better not count- I have just drank a day and a half worth.
    I think I may need to sleep most of tomorrow, this means I will come in under 2 days maintenance - ain't life sweet.

Happy new year, h.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I did well until I snuck into the Nutella jar after my boyfriend fell asleep...
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

@cperret31

Not so bad when it's outside. When the weather is cold/snow on the ground as is typical for CO that's where it's rough. Riding for 5 hours on a bike trainer gets old quick...
    Wow. How do you have so much free time? :o

Don't you get tired as well?
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    ise311 wrote: »

@cperret31

Wow. How do you have so much free time? :o

Don't you get tired as well?

@ise311 - Well it's a holiday so I've got all the time in the world today!

I don't ride 5 hours everyday by any means, but I do usually ride 15-20 hrs/wk. Time isn't bad for me because I organize my days around my riding/school/work. Whatever else I can fit in I do, but those are the priorities. That said, if you're a grad student and only working 10-20 hrs/week outside of that you get to enjoy a good deal of free time :smile:

Tired? Heck yes! A good 4-8 hr ride usually leaves me pretty drained by the end of it. Certainly wouldn't want to go out and be heavily active any more. I pretty much just hop of the bike, eat a bunch of food, and then stay relatively horizontal for the rest of the day on those bigger training days.

The body is an amazing thing though in it's adaptability. It's pretty cool though to look back and remember 3 years ago how tired and wiped I would be from a 15 mile ride. Now going out and riding 30-40 miles at an easy effort is a nice recovery day that leaves me feeling fresh and ready for more the day after.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The best laid plans and all that. It's quite a while since I drank on any great scale and I'd forgotten just how relentless the day after hunger is! Bad news is I won't be hitting my deficit, the good news is I will be below maintenance.

I also never realised how bloated it makes me. So even more reason not to drink much too often.

I hope everyone had a good one!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I took the day off, drank too much but ate pretty well. It is what you do day in and out that counts. This for me is a lifestyle change, not a diet. I have noticed that I now make better choices without even thinking about it, and my portions are smaller. In fact I have just had 3 weeks off, gained 2lbs and will be back tracking on Sunday. Why Sunday? Because that is the end of my break. I have eaten and drunk what I have wanted and on non party days I have made low calorie choices. So no, I do not feel guilty. I gave myself a limit of 3lbs on, I have weighed myself regularly to ensure I stay on track, and I am genuinely happy with my result. Previous years I would have eaten and drunk anything not nailed down. This year, I am controlled