Need accountibilibuddy!

Options
I am in dire need of a workout and diet accountability buddy... or what I'd call an "Accountabilibuddy." Whether through groupme, text, whatsapp, or whatever has notifications to my phone so we can hassle each other into staying on task!

I'm in medical school and graduating in 2 years. The last couple of years I've been struggling with making dieting and exercise a priority and using food as a stress reliever. My goal is to lose fat and gain muscle by shifting to a higher protein diet and weightlifting no less than 3 times a week.

Groupme has a great group chat feature that allows a single text message to be used for people who don't have the app.

Help!

Replies

• katiemstamey
    katiemstamey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also used food as a stress reliever! My worst times were (and still are) around finals. I know working out won't take long but I always think that extra hour I don't study will lead to a failing grade. It's ridiculous but it is how I've been since college haha!

Congratulations on medical school! Are you going to specialize after?
  • calistizo
    calistizo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I also used food as a stress reliever! My worst times were (and still are) around finals. I know working out won't take long but I always think that extra hour I don't study will lead to a failing grade. It's ridiculous but it is how I've been since college haha!

Congratulations on medical school! Are you going to specialize after?

Ergh, trust me I know what you mean. After studying for so long, 20 minutes of cardio would do 10x more to help than 1 more hour of studying...but I still do the latter! lol

I plan on doing a residency in pediatrics then a fellowship in adolescent medicine. My goal is to work with high risk youth
  • christinemariebreeze
    Options
    I need a buddy! Please! I have been going it alone for 7 weeks. The first 6 were GREAT, but the week i took a nose dive. Help!!!
  • calistizo
    calistizo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need a buddy! Please! I have been going it alone for 7 weeks. The first 6 were GREAT, but the week i took a nose dive. Help!!!

I just sent you a friend request and message! Lets chat and get this rollin!
  • fit_for_good13
    fit_for_good13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also need accountability. I've got the workout part down. I struggle with food choices though. Add me if you want :)
  • sherrique55
    sherrique55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am looking for an accountabilibuddy. I do Zumba 3 times a week, Barre 3 times a week, Tae Bo once or twice a week, and walk daily. It is snowing and cold here. I am in Kentucky.I started this routine 6 weeks ago. So far so good.

I have been a Weight Watcher member for the last 3 years. I have lost a 100 pounds. I walked 30-60 mins a day while doing this.

My name is Sherri. I am a 50 year old African American woman. I take care of my mother who is on dialysis. I would like to walk a 5K in the Fall. I look forward to hearing from you. My email is sherrique55@aol.com.

Sherri